Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Help For New Sellers

Thread: Have 20+ orders of the same product by the same account to multiple address
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07 Dec, 2017 3:17 PM by: BigBry Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Number8

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 2:59 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I'm not sure what's happening or if this might be common (although I doubt it) but I have a buyer who bought 10 of the same item in 2 days( 2 yesterday and 8 today) and they are all going to a different address and name, but the account name is the same.

I already called Amazon and informed them of what is happening but they told me to just fulfill all the orders and if anything goes wrong they'll file a buyer abuse form but I am worried that this is either fraud or a competitor who wants to mess with my account since I'm a very new seller.

Can someone please give me advice on how to go about this? I'm kind of freaking out and don't want to be out over $100 of product + shipping costs and time.

Thank you

EDIT: They bought every single one of them, all different addresses....do I really have to fulfill all these...surely this can't be legit?

TL;DR Same buyer, bought out my stock of item (20 in total) to multiple addresses in multiple states.
Edited by: Number8 on Dec 7, 2017 3:02 PM

Edited by: Number8 on Dec 7, 2017 3:15 PM

Edited by: Number8 on Dec 7, 2017 3:17 PM

Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
3 Replies
Sort replies by:
Red-tailed Hawk...

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 3:05 PM   in response to: Number8 in response to: Number8
Helpful
Sounds to me like someone buying presents and sending them directly to the recipients for the holidays. It's how I send my brother gifts in TN.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
Number8

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 3:09 PM   in response to: Red-tailed Hawk... in response to: Red-tailed Hawk...  
Would this be the case 9/10 or is it possible that it's a competitor or fraudster?

I'm just really nervous regarding what's going on, they ordered the same exact color multiple times.

I'm flattered if they picked me for their 20 gifts but it seems super weird to buy that many.

It's a business account as well, idk if that matters.

It's not always the same state either, it's a few states.

Edited by: Number8 on Dec 7, 2017 3:11 PM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
BigBry

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 3:14 PM   in response to: Number8 in response to: Number8
Helpful
I agree with @Red-tailed Hawk. This could very well likely be someone buying gifts for family, friends, employees, etc. Either way, the only viable option for you is to ship the product. If you fail to do so, especially as a new seller, your metrics will get killed.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0