Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Order Management, Shipping, Feedback & Returns

Thread: Auto Authorized- Two Part Question
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07 Dec, 2017 3:24 PM by: MAV-DAK Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Sports Accessor...

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 2:55 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
We sell jewelry and sunglass items and are not enjoying the new auto-authorized requirements. My first question is:

1.) Is there any way around this for our category? We never have had to pay for returns. We could manually authorize the return and have amazon provide an unpaid label. Is there any way for us to go back to how it was? I know there were exemption categories, just not sure if ours fits except perhaps in the "You have less expensive shipping rates for specific products". Would our items/category fall into that?

2.) Not only is this a problem, but it is charging us $7.15 to have the item returned to us (sometimes broken, so we can't even resell it!) Our item should only cost us $3.20 to return.
I did read somewhere on the forum here that the reason for the higher price is because we have not set the item shipping weight in our listings. And I did notice that has been the case on some of these returns. There was not a shipping weight listed.

Thanks in advance!

-SAS

Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
1 Reply
Sort replies by:
MAV-DAK

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 3:24 PM   in response to: Sports Accessor... in response to: Sports Accessor...  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Sports Accessory Store wrote:
We sell jewelry and sunglass items and are not enjoying the new auto-authorized requirements. My first question is:

1.) Is there any way around this for our category? We never have had to pay for returns. We could manually authorize the return and have amazon provide an unpaid label. Is there any way for us to go back to how it was? I know there were exemption categories, just not sure if ours fits except perhaps in the "You have less expensive shipping rates for specific products". Would our items/category fall into that?

If the return is discretionary your expected the reduce the refund amount by the cost of the label you paid for. This will make you whole. If discretionary, the buyer chooses a pre-paid label and is told the cost of the label will be deducted from the refund already.

2.) Not only is this a problem, but it is charging us $7.15 to have the item returned to us (sometimes broken, so we can't even resell it!) Our item should only cost us $3.20 to return.
You are correct that Amazon bases the cost of the return on the 'shipping weight' listed on the product page. If the shipping weight is set to less than 1lb, then the cost will be $3.20 -- based on the Shipping costs for seller fulfilled returns help page.

On the 'Return Settings' page, there is a notes section at the bottom. These notes are provided to buyers upon creating their return. We use this to explain that items that are returned damaged due to improper shipping will be assessed restock fees. We provide them generic instructions on how to ensure items are returned in good condition. This has dramatically reduced damaged returns due to poor packing.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0