Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Buyer Cancelled Orders Counting Against Metrics!
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 42 - Pages: 3 [ 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: 08 Dec, 2017 7:47 PM by: RDAK
Nickgarciaa

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 2:21 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello Fellow Sellers!

I am back with another issue on my Amazon.com seller account. It looks like Amazon is now counting my buyer requested orders in my metrics! I even ensured that the message headers state " Order Cancellation Request From Customer XXXXXX" I also keep refreshing the metrics page and my Order Cancellation Rate Jumps From 1.64% to 2.63%. Similar to one of my old threads "ORD METRIC GLITCH". I just hope that this is another glitch on Amazon's end I have already opened up a case with Seller Support and contacted seller performance.

Is this a helpful question? Yes 47   No
42 Replies
Sort replies by:
CraftyMaestra77

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 3:28 PM   in response to: Qwik Goods in response to: Qwik Goods  
This makes me so mad (again) at Amazon. How does the customer know to select that option? It is not the seller's fault that the buyer cancels! I also have an issue that when a buyer cancels, Amazon still charges a small percentage of that original sale. They (Seller support) assure me this is not the case (and maybe it is another glitch), but I have seen the sales records that this has happened. Very frustrating!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 51   No 3
BooksEnjoy

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 3:48 PM   in response to: Nickgarciaa in response to: Nickgarciaa  
It happened to my seller account many times. Hoping Amazon takes care of this issue and apologizes for this glitch.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 26   No 2
Wind

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 4:12 PM   in response to: Nickgarciaa in response to: Nickgarciaa  
I got a cancellation request from customer for double order. And it went against my metrics too! So angry.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 20   No 1
BooksAz

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 3:45 PM   in response to: Nickgarciaa in response to: Nickgarciaa  
I also had two cancellations this week and got charged. they were cancelled before I shipped. I opened a case and haven't heard yet. I was trying to cut and paste the customers emails to put in the case but didn't work. One wanted book on CD and ordered cassettes and the other wanted hardcover and ordered paperback book. I'm going to keep looking for the policy and copy it into the next email when they send me back a "NOT FIXING" notice.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 13   No 1
Pantryful

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 2:26 PM   in response to: Nickgarciaa in response to: Nickgarciaa  
It must be a glitch. We've canceled a few orders recently due to buyer cancellation and none are showing up against our metrics. Please keep us updated with the results of your case.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 15   No 5
Nickgarciaa

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 3:45 PM   in response to: Nickgarciaa in response to: Nickgarciaa  
Well this appears to only be happing to my account I guess. My cancellation rate is high for something that shouldn’t count this is so frustrating I’ll let you guys know the outcome...
Was this reply helpful? Yes 9   No 1
another Amazon ...

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 5:15 PM   in response to: Nickgarciaa in response to: Nickgarciaa  
YES! it is happening to us also. We jumped from 0% to 1.47% in a minute. We already wrote to jeff bezos and seller performance and the metrics got corrected, a few days ago. Today, the same problem and again we just wrote to Jeff Bezos and seller performance. Seller performances' work is unacceptable and extremely dangerous to sellers!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 2
Nickgarciaa

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 2:30 PM   in response to: Qwik Goods in response to: Qwik Goods  
Yes I know that in my post thats what I ensured I did!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 0
TheInfamousLurker

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 5:09 PM   in response to: New York Golf C... in response to: New York Golf C...  
New York Golf Center wrote:
We contacted Amazon about this in the past and they said the 2.5% allowance is for buyer cancellations and bad address problems. We were told all cancellations count against our metrics. I believe anything over 2.5% counts against the seller. The 2.5% is what Amazon decided was the average for buyer and bad address cancellations. Just passing along what I was told by Amazon.

Yeah, that was incorrect information from Amazon as usual. Seller support doesn't know much about much.... if a "cancellation request" is the question sent from the buyer and you cancel the order it won't count against you (unless there is some sort of glitch). There also shouldn't be any fees incurred as the buyer was actually never charged.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
Nickgarciaa

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 3:33 PM   in response to: Nickgarciaa in response to: Nickgarciaa  
Let me rephrase what I said lol. My actual ODR is okay (under 1%) my cancellation metric is at 1.64% out of the allowed 2.5% my bad and sorry for the miscommunication!!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
The Adriatic Tr...

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 7:53 PM   in response to: another Amazon ... in response to: another Amazon ...  
We wrote to seller performance and all they said was, "We appreciate your efforts to comply with our selling policies. We have updated your account with the information that you provided." But the (bad) cancellation percentage is still the same on our metrics page. Anyone know if we should pursue it further?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
annil

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 5:55 PM   in response to: Nickgarciaa in response to: Nickgarciaa  
One of the most ridiculous things that Amazon has ever imposed to sellers.

Edited by: annil on Dec 7, 2017 5:55 PM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 2
GreatPrice4less

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 5:41 PM   in response to: Nickgarciaa in response to: Nickgarciaa  
Mine also. However I am sick and tired talking to reps on another planet! My attitude now is I'm not going to bother calling them about this issue. Why should I care if Amazon reps don't? I always get the excuse " I'll forward this to another dept" ......yadi yadi yadi... and nothing gets done. Sorry your having the problem. It's not fun being dinged for no reason!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 2
The Schadenfreu...

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 8:39 PM   in response to: The Adriatic Tr... in response to: The Adriatic Tr...  
The Adriatic Trading Company wrote:
We wrote to seller performance and all they said was, "We appreciate your efforts to comply with our selling policies. We have updated your account with the information that you provided." But the (bad) cancellation percentage is still the same on our metrics page. Anyone know if we should pursue it further?

If the orders where abusive - such as a competitor doing it, you should contact exec support jeff@amazon.com

I had to cancel 9 orders once in one day placed by a rogue seller.

Also contrary to what ES claims - seller support CAN cancel orders from their side... Strangely I have been told by Exec Support that is categorically against Amazon Policy for Support to cancel a customer order, yet support (even the level one klods,) have that ability.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1