Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Not true to size
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 11 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 07 Dec, 2017 1:45 PM by: Honda East Toledo
Jenny Wu

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 11:56 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
We received a negative feedback because items are not true to size.
Seller support said that this one is not eligible for removal, because " I have acknowledged the buyer’s feedback and unfortunately the feedback did not meet our criteria for removal since the buyer received an item that was not as described or advertised in the product page. "
Actually the items are not true to size means: too large or too small.
And the seller support person thought we sent something wrong to customer.
Anyone has any suggestion ? View the reply Jenny Wu selected as correct
Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
11 Replies
Sort replies by:
Sagemaiden

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:31 PM   in response to: Jenny Wu in response to: Jenny Wu  
Require a return prior to refund and just keep going. As long as most of your size feedback is good you are doing it right. Just make sure if you are importing the size translations are correct.

There will always be 8's thinking they are 6's
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 2
WSA

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:29 PM   in response to: Jenny Wu in response to: Jenny Wu  
Sounds like the customer is not "true to size"
Was this reply helpful? Yes 9   No 4

Jenny Wu selected this reply as correct

View original question

Skeeter

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:16 PM   in response to: Jenny Wu in response to: Jenny Wu  
Do not worry about it and let it get you down, that is typical of selling on Amazon.

So many buyers have learned to make up stories to get things for free you cannot discern if you actually do have a real problem or not.

When you get the item back take accurate measurements and verify for fact it actually is the size stated in the listing.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 9   No 5
Mellogirl

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:45 PM   in response to: writtenpleasures in response to: writtenpleasures  
writtenpleasures wrote:
This thread - and this whole "conversation" have nothing to do with my account. How do I fix this?

Who is Jenny Wu?

This is a forum. Nothing to fix. Ignore the threads that don't apply to you. 😒 The world (and the forums) don't revolve around just you.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 2
jayellbooks

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:49 PM   in response to: writtenpleasures in response to: writtenpleasures  
writtenpleasures wrote:
This thread - and this whole "conversation" have nothing to do with my account. How do I fix this?

Who is Jenny Wu?

The topics you see in your Seller Central are merely discussion topics currently taking place on the Seller Forums. They are not directed toward you.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
Jenny Wu

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:25 PM   in response to: Skeeter in response to: Skeeter  
You are correct. I keep arguing with seller support: this customer wants free outfits (she purchased 4 outfits, same styles, and open A-> Z cases, requesting refund without having to returning items back). While I sent them correct outfits/sizes ( more than 90% feedback about this product: true size), she complained outfits not true to size.
Seller support assumed that: i sent wrong items or items not as described to her. :((
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 1
ShopBrandSlam

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:59 PM   in response to: Jenny Wu in response to: Jenny Wu  
Nothing new here. This has been our biggest complaint during our 15 years of selling. That is, buyers claiming NAD or defective due to fit. In 15 years not one of our customers who do this have ever gained weight. Rather, the reason the bra does not fit is because it is defective and "runs small" or, our favorite, "not true to size." Whose size? Who made these buyers fit experts? So, our advice in this matter is to remember, when debating or defending, the term "buyer's remorse." Also, put as much as possible into your listing and policy page regarding sizing. For whatever reason, eBay and Amazon both have not addressed the size issue. Does an item not fitting equal defective because the buyer claims "I have always worn this size, therefore..."? The answer is "No." The size of the item is the size printed on the label and according to that particular manufacturer. There is no global sizing standard but this "buyer's remorse" issue simply has not been addressed. For us, it is right up there with the USPS tracking stating "delivered" but yet this is NOT proof of delivery. While this is a different issue we mention it for the sake of comparison in regard to frustration levels.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
Honda East Toledo

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 1:45 PM   in response to: Jenny Wu in response to: Jenny Wu  
Once its up there its up there, you can ask the buyer to please go back and review their message, but as far as getting it taking down, unless the buyer used foul language or something to that aspect amazon wont take it down.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
GreatPrice4less

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:38 PM   in response to: Jenny Wu in response to: Jenny Wu  
This is the number one problem with Amazon. Buyer is always right, seller ( who brings in dollars for Amazon) is ALWAYS wrong. I had one the other day " item was broke but didn't bother contact seller"! No feedback removal granted. This is pure bull ****! Honestly I could care less anymore. I sell on other platforms and do not have the scammers and return professionals like Amazon. Why? Because the other platforms let the seller make the decision. If I am wrong and the seller did not receive what they paid for or whatever it may be, I will do what it takes to make them happy. Scammers etc usually loose if they push for a A-Z claim. I keep good records,
including photos of the more expensive items we ship etc. I think in 6 years I have had 4 A-Z claims. so far 3-1 in my favor.

Sorry I am rambling here. Don't let the feedback ruin your day. If you do a decent business 1 or 2 isn't going to hurt you anyway in my opinion. :)
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 4
RDAK

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:42 PM   in response to: GreatPrice4less in response to: GreatPrice4less  
eBay is the answer!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 8
writtenpleasures

Posted on: 07 Dec, 2017 12:35 PM   in response to: Jenny Wu in response to: Jenny Wu  

Who is Jenny Wu?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 19