Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Selling clothing that is slightly different than the product listing
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 13 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14 Nov, 2017 11:16 PM by: Marilyn's Attic
YQuest Marketing

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:22 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,
My father just recently passed away and I'm trying to figure out how to sell some of the new items I purchased for him that he didn't get a chance to wear. My problem is because they were gifts, I tore off the barcode info and having a hard time finding the same products online since I bought them a year ago. They are all ties which includes a pocket square. I was able to find one of them on amazon but the listing does not include the pocket square...just the same tie. Should I then create a new listing just to include that additional pocket square? And if so, am I able to use that same ASIN# from the tie I found even if a pocket square will be included since I can't find that same combination tie and square online? Or can I use that same listing, but maybe I could add the pocket square in the package anyways as a freebie? I'm trying to avoid having to purchase a GTIN numbers for them if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Is this a helpful question? Yes 2   No
13 Replies
Sort replies by:
GoodSeller

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:25 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
YQuest Marketing wrote:
Hello,
My father just recently passed away and I'm trying to figure out how to sell some of the new items I purchased for him that he didn't get a chance to wear. My problem is because they were gifts, I tore off the barcode info and having a hard time finding the same products online since I bought them a year ago. They are all ties which includes a pocket square. I was able to find one of them on amazon but the listing does not include the pocket square...just the same tie. Should I then create a new listing just to include that additional pocket square? And if so, am I able to use that same ASIN# from the tie I found even if a pocket square will be included since I can't find that same combination tie and square online? Or can I use that same listing, but maybe I could add the pocket square in the package anyways as a freebie? I'm trying to avoid having to purchase a GTIN numbers for them if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You need to list this kind of item elsewhere.
Since you have torn off any labels on these they would have to be sold as used and Amazon will not let you list used clothing.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 15   No 1
DUB LORD OF THE...

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 3:11 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace.

As to your question... I think you are looking for Ebay.

Edited by: DUB LORD OF THE SITH on Nov 14, 2017 3:11 PM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 11   No 1
doubled727

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:26 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
Used clothing can't be sold on Amazon. And yes they are used if they just sat in his closet.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 1
Planters

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:25 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
You do NOT sell them on Amazon

Amazon is NOT the venue for those items.

FB Marketplace, the Bay or CL, but NOT here
Was this reply helpful? Yes 9   No 1
Qwik Goods

I actually would not sell them here. I would use a different website for it.

Since the tags are gone these are considered used. I do not think that Amazon allows used clothing to be sold here.

I could be wrong about this of course. I am not overtly familiar with clothing.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 1
Killing Time

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:51 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
The items are used not new so they cant be sold on Amazon.....even if they were new you need approval to sell those types of items.

Best to try the bay or donate them
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
YQuest Marketing

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:55 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
I see...ok got it. Thanks everyone!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 1
Planters

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:53 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
It's not new, because the buyer would not be the first purchaser of the item.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 4
Shelf_Cleaning_...

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 4:50 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
Amazon is 100% not the place to sell these.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 3
Marilyn's Attic

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 11:16 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
You cannot sell them on Amazon. No tags equals used, regardless of whether he used them. Used clothing is not permitted on Amazon.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 2
mattblack-oh

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 3:19 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
Sorry - your issue was already answered. I have to figure out how to set my sort filter to default to "earliest response," not most helpful. ugh.

Edited by: mattblack-oh on Nov 14, 2017 3:19 PM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 2
Buddy Bird

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:34 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
Great idea this would not be...
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 3
YQuest Marketing

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:43 PM   in response to: YQuest Marketing in response to: YQuest Marketing  
One of the items I did not tear off the sticker so it is new. I won't sell the other ones though but can you advise on the question I asked for the one I can sell?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 5