Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Order Management, Shipping, Feedback & Returns

Thread: Prepaid Return Labels - retail rate?
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14 Nov, 2017 3:26 PM by: Tracy A. Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Tracy A.

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 3:20 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I read in the rule book that if your orders are shipped through Amazon Shipping, Amazon will use your shipping weight/size when issuing a prepaid return label to the customer. So here's my scenario:

Customer buys an item, I ship through Amazon shipping 1st Class, 6 ounces. I pay $2.77 for this.
Customer requests return, Amazon grants a prepaid label, return label cost shows $3.07.

When I look at my returns report, there are 2 returns within last 7 days that Amazon provided a prepaid label for. Both are priced at $3.07, but I know the shipping was $2.61 and $2.77 for these items.

I have tried to look through my transactions to see where the chargeback occurred to me, but I can't seem to find it.

Will it show up as "shipping services purchased through Amazon" in the transaction list, or is there another description for this?

Are we paying retail rates for return labels or maybe it just appears that way?

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, did you figure it out?

TIA
-Tracy View the reply Tracy A. selected as correct
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
2 Replies
Sort replies by:

Tracy A. selected this reply as correct

View original question

Get Cracking

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 3:24 PM   in response to: Tracy A. in response to: Tracy A.  
The $3 rate is lowest cost return shipping that amazon offers.
see rates below
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/202103400

If the label is used it will show under transaction detail in your payments section as "Shipping services purchased through Amazon " under transaction type and "Billing for return postage" under product details.

Edited by: Get Cracking on Nov 14, 2017 3:24 PM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Tracy A.

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 3:26 PM   in response to: Get Cracking in response to: Get Cracking  
Ahh, I missed that part. Thank you so much!

Tracy
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0