Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Automatic returns
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14 Nov, 2017 7:20 PM by: RacingRoxStore
Quint

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:30 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

I received an email from Amazon this morning stating that a return has been authorized due to "no longer needed" but it does not show up under returns on my Amazon account nor was I notified through the seller app. Is this the new practice? Are we only notified through our outside email? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Quint View the reply Quint selected as correct
Is this a helpful question? Yes 4   No
7 Replies
Sort replies by:

Quint selected this reply as correct

View original question

Qwik Goods

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:33 PM   in response to: Quint in response to: Quint  
Go to returns and chose "view all". Your returns will appear.

I do not know why they did it this way, other then perhaps to speed the loading of the page?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 0
rssbooks

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:44 PM   in response to: Qwik Goods in response to: Qwik Goods  
Qwik Goods wrote:

I do not know why they did it this way, other then perhaps to speed the loading of the page?

I think this part of the new return system was poorly designed.

Sellers now have to frequently check for information on returns since we are no longer notified by Amazon.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
Discountfindsaz

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:38 PM   in response to: Quint in response to: Quint  
Make sure you refund the buyer within 48 hours after receiving the item back. If you don't then Amazon will do it automatically and you will lose out on charging a 20% restocking fee. If you offered free shipping at the time of purchase then that 20% should hopefully at least cover your shipping costs.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
GenGoods

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 3:04 PM   in response to: rssbooks in response to: rssbooks  
rssbooks wrote:
I think this part of the new return system was poorly designed.

That's a polite way of putting it. I'm not so politically correct and think they had their heads up their behinds when they created the system. On the refund detail page, there should be an entry for how much we were docked for the return label or $0 if we were not charged. That way at the time of processing the refund, we have a separate line item for the return. Heck no, we have to leave that page and go to a report to find the information and match it up with the order.

It's hard to believe that sellers have been using this system for months and the issue was never raised. What good is it to BETA test a program and not point out the obvious blunders? Or, more likely, the sellers under the BETA test did tell Amazon what improvements they would like to be made and Amazon just did not listen.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Quint

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 2:40 PM   in response to: Qwik Goods in response to: Qwik Goods  
Thanks. I found it. It would make more sense to notify sellers through Amazon like they used to or at the very least move the 0 to a 1 on the return request line. If I didn't check my outside email daily this could have been missed.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
RacingRoxStore

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 7:20 PM   in response to: GenGoods in response to: GenGoods  
GenGoods wrote:
On the refund detail page, there should be an entry for how much we were docked for the return label or $0 if we were not charged. That way at the time of processing the refund, we have a separate line item for the return. Heck no, we have to leave that page and go to a report to find the information and match it up with the order.
Actually, the cost of the label is shown on the Order Screen, but only if you click the 'Issue Refund' button from the Manage Returns page. If you bring up the order any other way, the cost of the return label doesn't show. Who's bad programming idea was that?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
rssbooks

Posted on: 14 Nov, 2017 3:14 PM   in response to: GenGoods in response to: GenGoods  
We can only hope our comments are read by those who can make changes in the new return system.

However, I'm not going to count on a quick fix.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0