Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Amazon requested an invoice and authorized letters. Help
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13 Oct, 2017 4:58 AM by: SCID_Mark
AnjellaKim

Posted on: 13 Oct, 2017 1:05 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
they made such a request

• Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 90 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.
  • If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.
  • If you are the brand owner, provide a copy of the license.
  • Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.

please tell me if I can send them only authorized letters from the brand to the distributor
also from the distributor to me
I have two authorized letters, from the brand to the distributor and from the distributor to me.
please tell me, can I just send them?
or invoices are also required? *
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
4 Replies
Sort replies by:
New Papaw

Posted on: 13 Oct, 2017 3:47 AM   in response to: AnjellaKim in response to: AnjellaKim  
From the items you are asking about you need.

Copies of invoices, receipts, contracts, delivery orders, or authorization letters from your supplier issued in the last 90 days. The quantity of items shown should match your inventory.

If you are not the brand owner, provide an authorization letter and a complete set of documentation, including authorization letters, to prove a valid supply chain.

Contact information for your supplier, including name, phone number, address, email, and website.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
anonn

Posted on: 13 Oct, 2017 3:50 AM   in response to: AnjellaKim in response to: AnjellaKim  
much easier to counterfeit an authorization letter than an invoice

I can understand why amazon wants to see both
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
CabinFeverBooks

Posted on: 13 Oct, 2017 4:15 AM   in response to: AnjellaKim in response to: AnjellaKim  
I don't think AZ Likes This New 'Invoice Policy" ...But May Be Forced into it by Brand Owners...

There is no reason for AZ to do this voluntarily...

They make money off 3p Sellers, Not Big Corporations and Brand Owners...

Perhaps that's why their Core Book Business is doing better Now? Its Back to the Future....?

Or...Is it Just "The Sprinkler..."

I never can tell....
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 2
SCID_Mark

Posted on: 13 Oct, 2017 4:58 AM   in response to: AnjellaKim in response to: AnjellaKim  
They generally are seeking this in response to an inquiry from a brand-owner regarding the authenticity of items you and others are selling, or your authority to sell them. It's not always obvious from an Amazon seller/store name who you are, so not easy for the brand owner to identify who is an authorized dealer and who is not.

The brand-owners are cracking down on on-line sellers. When those sellers are authorized dealers, they're wanting verify if the dealer is violating their dealer/reseller agreement by selling on-line if not authorized to do so; if violating MAP policies; or even if procuring and selling gray-market counterfeits of the actual products in question.

So, give AMZN as much or as little as you want. But, if they've blocked the items in question for you, they're not going to unblock until you provide all of what they want.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0