Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Fulfillment By Amazon » General FBA Questions

Thread: Shipping inventory as a donation, does amazon provide a discount?
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13 Sep, 2017 5:57 PM by: WhoKnows?
Night Striker Pro

Posted on: 13 Sep, 2017 1:35 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

We are hoping to donate 1,000 flashlights to the victims of Hurricane Irma, does anyone know if Amazon will provide a discount in assisting with something like this? Or anyone I can reach out to about this?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
4 Replies
Sort replies by:
WhoKnows?

Posted on: 13 Sep, 2017 5:20 PM   in response to: Night Striker Pro in response to: Night Striker Pro  
Night Striker Pro wrote:
Hi,

We are hoping to donate 1,000 flashlights to the victims of Hurricane Irma, does anyone know if Amazon will provide a discount in assisting with something like this? Or anyone I can reach out to about this?

Nope. You won't even get a thanks from Amazon..
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Get Cracking

Posted on: 13 Sep, 2017 5:28 PM   in response to: Night Striker Pro in response to: Night Striker Pro  
You can create a multichannel fulfillment order but you will pay full fees for that.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
Red Wing

Posted on: 13 Sep, 2017 5:36 PM   in response to: Night Striker Pro in response to: Night Striker Pro  
Are the flashlights in your inventory? If so it might be possible to create a removal order for the flashlights and have them sent to a relief organization directly. It may not be possible - it is just an avenue to investigate. That would cost you only 20 to 30 cents each.

Doing this might not even be a violation of Amazon rules since you are not selling them - you really are recalling them for donation.

If you are thinking of buying them on Amazon and shipping it might be more efficient to just make a cash donation.

Every major corporation has a Corporate Philanthropy group. You might try calling Seattle and asking to talk to them.

In any event, good for you.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
WhoKnows?

Posted on: 13 Sep, 2017 5:57 PM   in response to: Red Wing in response to: Red Wing  
Genius.

I also can't think of why not. Unless it needs to be returned to the shipped address.... I haven't placed one in years.....

The only correction is that a removal will cost $0.50 per regular item and $0.60 for oversize.

Placing a MCF order for your stuff to them is just wasteful, imho.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0