Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Listing Management & Reports

Thread: Handling Time & Bulk Updates
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19 Aug, 2017 6:28 PM by: manne quinn
4x4TruckLEDs.com

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 10:39 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
So two questions

1) Regarding the HANDLING TIME... amazon states the default is 1-2 business days... what If I need say 3 business days to prepare an order before it ships. Would I make this "3" or "1" - I'm confused on how amazon would calculate this. Are they just adding whatever I put in here on top of theri 1-2??

2) I need to do a bulk update. One of the brands I sell needs a total of 3-4 days handling before it ships. So I need to update all of these. How do I do this exactly without going 1 by 1? I never imported my skus. I've just been adding them one by one over the years. So can I export my inventory, filter out what I need (in excel) and then add my handling time, re-upload it? How do I do this?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
2 Replies
Sort replies by:
manne quinn

Posted on: 19 Aug, 2017 5:02 PM   in response to: 4x4TruckLEDs.com in response to: 4x4TruckLEDs.com  
1) You would enter "3".

2) This thread answers your question: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=361161&ref_=_sf_361161_wsfqs_home&sortBy=helpful#4062045

I'm in the process of updating mines too. I'll suggest only do a bulk update of a couple items to make sure your csv file is correct. If so, then do it for the remaining items.

For the items that you need 3-4 days, enter 4 in the field, and the rest of them 3 or however many number of days you need.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
manne quinn

Posted on: 19 Aug, 2017 6:28 PM   in response to: manne quinn in response to: manne quinn  
Would like to add, I use the Home inventory template file for my items. In order to update handling time, it required me to fill out the quantity column as well.

When uploading the update file, Step 1 allows you to check the file for errors prior to doing an actual upload. The errors I got were:

Type of error Error message example Affected Attribute Names (Excel Column)
99006 A value is required in the "Quantity" field because there are values in dependent fields.: . Quantity (R), Restock Date (W), Handling Time (X)

It mentions Restock Date in the error, but I just left it blank. I copied over the quantity column (that data is included in the inventory report which you download to get your list of SKUs), rechecked the file, got no errors, did the actual upload (Step 2), and all went well. All my items have 2 days handling time now.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0