Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Charge back - account at risk
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13 Aug, 2017 11:53 AM by: Stargoe
syv1508

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 11:14 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I had my first charge back. I responded immediately with tracking info that shows "delivered". Today I found out that my account is "at risk" . I sell very part time, had only 8 sales in the last 60 days. And this charge back put my ODR at 12.5%. What can I do?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 1   No
2 Replies
Sort replies by:
MLH

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 11:18 AM   in response to: syv1508 in response to: syv1508
Helpful
If you responded with all the information requested in the chargeback, 99% of the time you are safe.

Did you ship to the exact address given by Amazon?

Did you ship the exact item in the exact condition it was listed in?

Do you have tracking showing delivered?

If you answered yes to everything, Your almost in the clear. Sit back, relax a little, the chargeback will go away and your metrics will recover. In the meantime, just do everything right and on time. "At Risk" is not a pre-suspension warning all the time.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 0
Stargoe

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 11:53 AM   in response to: syv1508 in response to: syv1508  
That's a kind reply from another seller about sitting back and relaxing, but honestly the best thing you can do is to sell 100+ items FAST.

Honestly people do get banned for life in your situation because it's as simple as you are making Amazon very little money on 8 sales in 60 days and now they have a customer disappointmented enough to file a chargeback. Just their expense dealing with the problem can cost more than you make them, so the fact that you also could have lost profits for life from a customer that may no longer buy on Amazon they don't take it very lightly when you're a very small seller. (It's sad, but the reasons above are valid. Picture 1,000-10,000 small sellers a month souring a relationship with an Amazon customer).

You probably did everything right, but Amazon has no way of knowing if you sent a perfect condition item and to the right address, etc. (If you have cameras and a tracking that shows the full address and not just a zip code that could help, but again it involves lots of time for Amazon when it's much easier to see 12.5% defect rate, 1 chargeback. 8 sales in last 60 days).

There are relatively cheap items that sell 100+ a day on Amazon that you can break even, make a small profit, or only loose a little money on; so it's up to you how bad you want to increase your chances of not getting banned.

There's sellers with 100% positive feedback and much more than 8 sales in 60 days who get banned for life because of things like 1 day they cancelled all orders and had a 12.5% defect rate so I'm not just being negative!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 6