Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: any one else gert a change account info. when you did not
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 22 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 14 Aug, 2017 11:04 AM by: centralkybooksu...
LOUSANDLEE

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 8:02 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
any one else get a account change message
Is this a helpful question? Yes 8   No
22 Replies
Sort replies by:
erltprl2

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 9:54 AM   in response to: erltprl2 in response to: erltprl2  
This is the latest reply received:

Greetings from Amazon Seller Support!

I'm Sophia from the Seller Support Team and I understand your concern regarding the emails you have received stating that your credit card and bank account information has been updated. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

Upon research, I have verified the emails sent to you and see that this was an automatic notification sent in error due to an unexpected technical glitch. We have received multiple cases from different sellers regarding the same and please don't worry, this issue has already been escalated to our technical team who is diligently working towards correcting it at the earliest.

Rest assured that the emails you received regarding the update are just notifications sent in error and no action has been taken on your account. Therefore, I request you to disregard the e-mails.

Further, please know that we will update you as soon as the issue is corrected.

We certainly appreciate your continued patience in this regard and determined to obtain a speedy resolution in this matter.

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

Sophia.N
Amazon.com Seller Support

Was this reply helpful? Yes 17   No 0
bunga bunga

Posted on: 14 Aug, 2017 4:25 AM   in response to: mightymounts in response to: mightymounts  
72 hours ago i requested dismemberment and got two "Per your request, the . . . account information associated with your seller account has been changed. " emails.

You're lucky they didn't cut you off.

Some people would give an arm and a leg to be in your position.

Maybe someone else will give you a hand.

bunga bunga!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 0
erltprl2

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 9:34 AM   in response to: LOUSANDLEE in response to: LOUSANDLEE  
I got one yesterday and today

I believe the two messages are sent out when I requested a disbursement from Amazon. I received the same two messages today shortly after I requested a disbursement

Amazon, you need to get in touch with the idiots who are tinkering with that part of the system and have them fix their screw up

I got two emails this morning that purported to be from Amazon.com Seller Protection. One said my bank account was changed. The other said my payment method was changed.

A call to amazon confirmed that neither had been sent by them

This Ip in the headers is owned by Amazon 54.240.13.23

Hello from Amazon Services,

Per your request, the credit card information associated with your seller account on Amazon.com has been updated. Future account charges will be made to this credit card.

If you did not request this change, please contact Seller Support.

Regards,
Amazon Services

Was this email helpful?

If you have any questions visit: Seller Central

To change your email preferences visit: Notification Preferences

Copyright 2016 Amazon, Inc, or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Amazon.com, 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210

Hello from Amazon,

Per your request, the bank account information associated with your seller account has been changed. Your future transfers will be submitted to this new bank account. This change will not affect any transfer of funds initiated prior to this change.

Note: There is a mandatory 3-day security hold before any changes to bank account information take effect. Transfers of funds cannot be initiated until after that period, which starts on the date you submit your new bank account information in your seller account.

You can update your bank account information at any time in the Settings section of your seller account. For additional information, please visit our online Help pages.

If you did not request this change, please contact Seller Support.

Thank you for selling on Amazon,
Amazon Services

Was this email helpful?

If you have any questions visit: Seller Central

To change your email preferences visit: Notification Preferences

Copyright 2016 Amazon, Inc, or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Amazon.com, 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210
[/quote]

Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
erltprl2

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 9:36 AM   in response to: erltprl2 in response to: erltprl2  
Sent all 4 to stop-spoofing@amazon.com

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com to bring this to our attention.

Your message has been forwarded to our security department, and we will investigate the situation. Please note that you may not receive a personal response.

In all likelihood, the message you received was not sent to you by Amazon.com. We strongly advise that you not send any information about yourself back to this individual (especially your credit card number or any personal information).

If you have already submitted any personal information to this person via e-mail or on a potentially fraudulent web site, you may wish to contact Customer Service for assistance. To send an e-mail to Customer Service, please visit www.amazon.com/contact-us/

In the future, if you are ever uncertain of the validity of an e-mail, even from us, don't click on any supplied links--instead, type our web site address "www.amazon.com" directly into your browser and follow the regular links to Your Account. Many unscrupulous spoofers mislead consumers by displaying one URL while taking the visitor to another.

By typing in a well-known address you can avoid this trick.

Also, please be assured that Amazon.com is not in the business of selling customer information. Many spammers and spoofers use programs that randomly generate e-mail addresses, in the hope that some percentage of these randomly-generated addresses will actually exist.

If you are trying to contact us about something other than a spoofed e-mail message, please contact Customer Service for assistance. To send an e-mail to Customer Service, please visit www.amazon.com/contact-us/

If you encounter any other uses of the Amazon.com name that you think may be fraudulent, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you again for taking the time to notify us of this situation.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/

Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 2
LOUSANDLEE

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 11:19 AM   in response to: LOUSANDLEE in response to: LOUSANDLEE  
thank you
it did cost me a day of sales. I was so scared I put my account on hold...
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
erltprl2

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 9:38 AM   in response to: erltprl2 in response to: erltprl2  
The follow up email after I talked to John in the Philippines :

Greetings from Amazon Seller Support,

This is John, the associate you spoke with earlier.

I'm glad I was able to assist you today.

As what we have discussed, I can confirm that the e-mail message you received wasn't from Amazon.com. For your protection, do not respond to it, and do not open any attachments or click any links it contains.

Please contact us at stop-spoofing@amazon.com and attach a copy of the message in question.

If you did responded to the e-mail or visited a linked website and didn't provide any personal information (such as your login or password), your Amazon.com account information should still be safe.

If in any case you will need our assistance, please feel free to contact us back and we will be more than happy to help:
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
mightymounts

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 7:40 PM   in response to: LOUSANDLEE in response to: LOUSANDLEE  
72 hours ago i requested dismemberment and got two "Per your request, the . . . account information associated with your seller account has been changed. " emails.

SCARED ME TO DEATH

I immediately contacted amazon and spoke with a rep for 20 minutes. We concluded it was a glitch and he reported everything to the proper folks so it would get fixed.

5 minutes ago i requested dismemberment and got two "Per your request, the . . . account information associated with your seller account has been changed. " emails.

Amazon!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
spoonyfork

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 3:21 PM   in response to: LOUSANDLEE in response to: LOUSANDLEE  
i just called about this before seeing this thread...my account is now being shut down for 3 to 5 days thanks to this nonsense because I called about it!
Dogtamer

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 1:02 PM   in response to: erltprl2 in response to: erltprl2  
Thanks for posting that - others are asking for an official statement from Amazon on this glitch (there are at least four current threads on this), so I'll direct them here.
spoonyfork

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 9:36 PM   in response to: Dogtamer in response to: Dogtamer  
Dogtamer wrote:
spoonyfork wrote:
i just called about this before seeing this thread...my account is now being shut down for 3 to 5 days thanks to this nonsense because I called about it!

That's outrageous, spoony. I'm not much of a fan of bothering the mods, but in your situation...

seems they didnt shut me down after all...fingers crossed.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
erltprl2

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 2:49 PM   in response to: LOUSANDLEE in response to: LOUSANDLEE  
bump
Colin M Tedards

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 12:45 PM   in response to: LOUSANDLEE in response to: LOUSANDLEE  
I got one too. I did notice an Amazon Sevices LLC Beta tab in the Payments sections that wasn't there before, inside is a transaction. I figured Amazon sent me the notice because it will be disbursing payments via two different routes. Personally I'm going to keep an eye on it, but looks like a glitch that may have been caused by this new tab. Hope that helps.
high_desert_tre...

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 9:22 AM   in response to: LOUSANDLEE in response to: LOUSANDLEE  
I did as well and I contacted Seller Support via the Chat option. The rep verified that all payment and charge info was still the same and said I should just keep an eye on it. She sent a copy of the chat record to me as well, in case something should change.
I noticed when my "payment on the way" email came that the last four digits of the bank account were now three digits as the first number had been dropped. I wonder if this error caused the emails to be sent out...
Super stressful! What a great way to start the day.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1
flyinghouse

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 8:45 AM   in response to: LOUSANDLEE in response to: LOUSANDLEE  
?

More info?

Were you phished? Do you have 2-step verification enabled?

Barb
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1