Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: A to Z help please
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13 Aug, 2017 12:10 PM by: Lake
evallded

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 10:32 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have searched the forum for an answer but the situation is a little different.

I have the typical "Item didn't work, I want a refund and threw the item away" scammer with a small twist

Item was a CD, customer said it didn't play so I immediately replied with an apology and a return label.

Customer says "I don't keep garbage so I threw it away" and threatens case. I let them know a return is the only way for a refund on this and of course they then file a case.

But when they file a case they file under item not received and claim their package never showed up.

Now most venues I would assume anyone from the support team would see right through this and no worries should be had. However I know Amazon is not that dependable. So my questions is should I fight this an item not received or as an item that needs to be returned or somewhere in the middle?

Suggestions on how to word this?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 6   No
7 Replies
Sort replies by:
Rugsandlighting

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 11:09 AM   in response to: evallded in response to: evallded  
State that "Prepaid label has been issued to client and refund upon return will be processed as per amazon policy"
Then mention that customer has admitted throwing the item away and this AZ shall be denied on factually incorrect statement alone.
As a seller,we have issued a prepaid label and will issue refund in entirety upon return of item as amazon expects us to.

Don't say too much other than directing them to their own admission of wanting a free item without a return.
Jeez.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
Lake

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 10:40 AM   in response to: evallded in response to: evallded  
In your response, you provide a record of all actions relative to the order, including your communications with the buyer.

You cannot count on the rep reading the email history without it having been pointed out.

Keep your response professional, accuse the buyer of nothing.

Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
Major

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 10:39 AM   in response to: evallded in response to: evallded  
i would reply with a prepaid return label and tell them that as soon the item is returned they will get a refund.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 2
evallded

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 11:44 AM   in response to: Rugsandlighting in response to: Rugsandlighting  
Ok so this was my reply

Aug 12 5:30 AM- Customer wrote stating the item was received and did not play correctly

Aug 12 10:43 AM- I replied with a return label and an apology

Aug 12 5:34 PM- Customer stated they threw the item in the garbage

August 12, 2017- Buyer opened A to Z claim claiming the item was not received

A prepaid label has been issued to buyer and refund will be processed upon return as per amazon policy.
Please note the buyer has admitted in messages that they did in fact receive the item and are now claiming they did not

(This claim was instantly granted to the buyer but as no fault to me so Amazon ate the charge. I love that they let people get away with stuff like this
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
Lake

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 12:10 PM   in response to: evallded in response to: evallded  
Add the order date, ship date and date the tracking shows it was received.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
evallded

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 11:13 AM   in response to: Rugsandlighting in response to: Rugsandlighting  
This was pretty much my plan. I was only concerned about Amazon looking over the obvious and granting it since it is now an item not received case. Thank you for the help
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
MLH

Posted on: 13 Aug, 2017 10:45 AM   in response to: evallded in response to: evallded  
Reply exactly how Major Said, and when/if an A to Z is opened It will hold till the item is returned. If it is opened for INR, it may auto close without fault to you.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 4