Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Advisability of adding notice RE: New seller to explain zero feedback?
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 21 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 17 Jul, 2017 6:34 PM by: Style
Sydney Candle

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:04 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi!

So, I've been working on getting my clients products all up and running. All the products and variations are in, the text has been tweaked, Brand Registry has been approved and I'm working on implementing Enhanced Brand Content for all products.

The next major problem though isn't just our lack of sales, it's our lack of feedback. Of all the 90+ parent products we have, only one has feedback.

I know most shoppers won't even consider buying a product without feedback (neither would I) so, my question:

Is it OK for us to add a note in the product details regarding how we're new to Amazon which is why we don't have feedback. Maybe something else about how we are committed to exceptional customer service? I'm just trying to think of ways to overcome that trust factor issue.

OK, that was it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
21 Replies
Sort replies by:
SUNDANCE

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:06 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
Putting seller specific details in the product description is a violation. I wouldn't do it if I were you.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 21   No 1
Sydney Candle

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:12 PM   in response to: SUNDANCE in response to: SUNDANCE  
Even if it doesn't mention our name? I just wanted it to say something like:

"We are new to selling on Amazon. Please forgive our lack of feedback at first but rest assured we are committed to exceptional customer service."

(Thanks for replying BTW)
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 21
TheFamilyDog

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:14 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
Sydney Candle wrote:
Even if it doesn't mention our name? I just wanted it to say something like:

"We are new to selling on Amazon. Please forgive our lack of feedback at first but rest assured we are committed to exceptional customer service."

(Thanks for replying BTW)

A violation is a violation. Amazon is black and white. There is no but or even if on Amazon.
Stick to the rules.

I suggest instead selling some things extra cheap to get some sales, or find a product that sells a lot that will generate feedback.

Was this reply helpful? Yes 19   No 2
SUNDANCE

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:16 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
Sydney Candle wrote:

NO,

See the style guide:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/Lite_Inventory_Templates/Selling_on_Amazon_Quick_Start_Style_Guide.pdf

Product description
 Describe the major product features, such as size, style, and what the product can be used for
 Include accurate dimensions, care instructions, and warranty information
 Use correct grammar, punctuation, and complete sentences
Do not include any of the following types of information:
o Seller name
o E-mail address
o Website URL
o Company-specific information
o Details about another product that you sell
o Promotional language such as “SALE” or “free shipping”

Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 1
Sydney Candle

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:20 PM   in response to: TheFamilyDog in response to: TheFamilyDog  
OK, good to know. Unfortunately, my client is the manufacturer so prices are stuck and we can't get new products. We'll just have to think of other solutions. Thanks for the feedback!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 5
SUNDANCE

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:26 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
You keep mentioning client.

So if you list products for other companies, shouldn't you know the Amazon guidelines?

Note: It's a possibility that if you log into two different accounts to "help" them from the same computer, Amazon might flag them both as related accounts and shut them both down.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 16   No 3
Pro Satisfaction

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:27 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
Not in the product description.

What you want to do to get a new listing off the ground is to sell it cheap and run an advertising campaign. You may need to plan on taking a hit on sales the first month or so, but it is definitely worth it in the long run if you plan on doing a lot of one UPC. For example, we started a new listing, sold it at a hit (lost 0.30 per sale) and ran an ad campaign under researched terms. After about 3 weeks we got the listing up into the top of its category, then balanced out the price... in the end we ended up making 350% ROI on the whole lot (about 1500 units) even after counting the advert and sale hits. Just make sure you plan it out. I also know that people will run campaigns on 3rd party sites like facebook etc. The only thing you CANT do is pay for positive reviews, Amz has bots that will spot it and ban you in an instant.

Hope that helps a little.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 4
Little One

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:30 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
You can send a little business card or write something on the packing slip that states you're new and would appreciate feedback. As long as it doesn't direct sales away from Amazon.

I can type out a custom field on our packing slips and give instructions on how to contact us and leave feedback. Handwriting "thank you" has had pretty good results too.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 2
GenGoods

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:33 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
Are you FBA or FBM? Amazon appears to have tweaked their review/feedback solicitation templates in a way that favors FBA overr FBM.

No references to feedback or product reviews can be posted on your product page, policies, company info, etc.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 2
UseTheForce

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:33 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
It sounds like you are talking about product reviews, not seller feedback?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 2
Lake

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:34 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
This is a site with low participation in the feedback system.

It is highly likely that you are not qualified to offer any expertise to your clients and had better get educated before any of them find their company banned from the site.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 1
jayellbooks

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:36 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
Also consider that with a notice like that in descriptions, you could be putting a target on your back for scammers who prey on new sellers.

Best not to.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 0
Multavita

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 12:56 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
You're confusing "feedback" with product "reviews". Feedback is where Buyers leave feedback on the Seller for the Seller's performance. Reviews are left for a product that describe its performance and if it matches the description.

Both are great and can influence a sale, but in the overall scheme of sales on Amazon, for the most part neither matter (unless the feedback and reviews are bad). People buy on Amazon because it is 'Amazon'. Most don't even really think about where the product is coming from, usually third-party sellers, but think everything they buy on Amazon is coming from Amazon.

If your client's product has what they want, appeals to them and they like the price, they'll buy it, after all they have the Amazon 30 day money back guarantee, no questions asked.

Your biggest responsibility to your client is to make sure you follow ALL of Amazon's rules exactly and don't break any of them. Many sellers do get away with breaking little rules here and there, but if caught it can bring down their whole business on Amazon, quickly and PERMANENTLY.

Read all the rules AND follow the forums. Arguing with the rules won't change them.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
She Sells

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 1:11 PM   in response to: Sydney Candle in response to: Sydney Candle  
I'd add that to my Seller Profile, if I believed that it made a difference.
As others have already stated, it can not go on the detail page.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0