Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Order Management, Shipping, Feedback & Returns

Thread: Buyer cancellation
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17 Jul, 2017 10:39 AM by: stickblue Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
stickblue

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 10:04 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello...

I have had buyers that email and say they want to cancel thier order (before it has even been processed)...which is fine, no problem. BUT...I ask them to please 'cancel' their order through the 'ORDERS' area...so that I as the seller am not just canceling the order and taking the hit with a 'pre-cancellation' mark against me if I just cancel it.

Besides which, I can only wait so long for the buyer to cancel (properly) through the 'ORDERS' area, because if I wait too long it would be a mark against me for 'late shipment.'

BUT...if I cannot get the seller to cancel through the 'ORDERS' area 'timely,' or get them to cancel at all through the 'ORDERS' area, there's really nothing else I can do but cancel it myself, and take the mark against me as a 'pre-fulfillment' cancellation; Is that correct?

I have one in progress now that I cannot get her to cancel through the "ORDERS" area, and I've emailed a couple times. Last shipment date is tomorrow, and if she doesn't cancel through the proper channels, I will just have to do the cancellation myself. I wanted to check if there was any other way around this?

Thanks...
Marijo

Edited by: stickblue on Jul 17, 2017 10:04 AM

Edited by: stickblue on Jul 17, 2017 10:05 AM View the reply stickblue selected as correct
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
2 Replies
Sort replies by:

stickblue selected this reply as correct

View original question

MAV-DAK

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 10:11 AM   in response to: stickblue in response to: stickblue  
No other way around this. Only if the buyer does an official cancellation request and you choose 'Buyer Cancelled' when cancelling does your Pre-fulfillment cancellation rate not be affected.

Although you can request they go back and click the 'Cancel Order' button, be careful doing so. With so many buyers now opting out of seller messages and with email clients filtering emails to SPAM, you may run into a buyer that thinks your not canceling and file a claim or leave negative feedback.

Official or not requested of cancellation we cancel. For cancellations we make on the buyers behalf but not requested properly, we will email the Seller Performance team directly: seller-performance@amazon.com with the order number in the subject line to proactively make them aware and ask they document this occurrence on our account. NOTE: They will not remove the metric impact. Even if you spiked above this threshold , Amazon's review will likely confirm you had no choice but to cancel and not affect your ability to continue selling.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
stickblue

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 10:39 AM   in response to: MAV-DAK in response to: MAV-DAK  
Thank you... Thank you! Tells me all I need to know.
Marijo)
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0