Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Stamps.Com removal?
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17 Jul, 2017 1:13 PM by: Puppers
backspace

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 9:43 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply

Jul 13, 2017

Effective July 15, Stamps.com shipping options will be removed from . There is no action required from you as all the equivalent USPS shipping options will be available for domestic shipments at Commercial Plus prices. There is also no transaction fee charged on USPS shipping options.

A few questions:

1. Why this change?

2. Does it in any way affect shippers who use Stamps.Com on their own instead of Buy Shipping Service?

3.What are the Commercial Plus prices? Are they better than what Stamp offers? Meaning can they beat media mail?

Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
10 Replies
Sort replies by:
bookwormapril

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 10:01 AM   in response to: backspace in response to: backspace
Helpful
backspace wrote:
Meaning can they beat media mail?

Pretty much nothing beats Media Mail for items that qualify (with the exception of very light items which may be cheaper with First Class Package).

Media Mail is not discounted, no matter what service you use. It never has been. Although people formed the impression that it was because for several years the Delivery Confirmation (now called tracking) was not free with Media Mail, and was heavily discounted with online purchasing.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 3
GoodSeller

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 9:53 AM   in response to: backspace in response to: backspace  
backspace wrote:

Jul 13, 2017

Effective July 15, Stamps.com shipping options will be removed from . There is no action required from you as all the equivalent USPS shipping options will be available for domestic shipments at Commercial Plus prices. There is also no transaction fee charged on USPS shipping options.

A few questions:

1. Why this change?

It is speculated the reason for this is that the post office will soon have a system that will automatically charge your for under paid postage or refund you for over paid postage.

2. Does it in any way affect shippers who use Stamps.Com on their own instead of Buy Shipping Service?
It should have no effect on this ability

3.What are the Commercial Plus prices? Are they better than what Stamp offers? Meaning can they beat media mail?
The postage rates from Amazon and stamps.com are the same.

Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 2
MGMBea

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 10:38 AM   in response to: backspace in response to: backspace  
I didn't have my stamps account linked to amazon but there were some price differences where stamps was lower. Mostly on priority mail where dimensions lowered the price. Amazon was never lower for me, but I do not sell books.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
GoodSeller

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 10:51 AM   in response to: BOURBON COUNTRY... in response to: BOURBON COUNTRY...  
BOURBON COUNTRY PRODUCTS wrote:
Will them removing stamps.com affect my linked stamps.com to Amazon? Because I still see the stamps.com next to my buy shipping on my postal options.

I am guessing that this will have no effect on your ability to use the batch mode to print labels and confirm shipment with stamps.com just as you do now.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
BOURBON COUNTRY...

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 10:43 AM   in response to: backspace in response to: backspace  
Will them removing stamps.com affect my linked stamps.com to Amazon? Because I still see the stamps.com next to my buy shipping on my postal options.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Best book seller

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 11:00 AM   in response to: stevenzeev in response to: stevenzeev  
Printed bound shipping is really slow to arrive. Why take that chance to save a few cents. Plus it's not allowed really for books. Not worth the risk. I wish I could remove it from options on the shipping page!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 2
jd-s_book_empor...

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 10:38 AM   in response to: backspace in response to: backspace  
I am curious -- this is from the statement on Amazon regarding the removal of stamps.com and using only USPS -- "all the equivalent USPS shipping options will be available for domestic shipments." It made me wonder about international shipping. Anyone have answers?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
Puppers

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 1:13 PM   in response to: MGMBea in response to: MGMBea  
MGMBea wrote:
I didn't have my stamps account linked to amazon but there were some price differences where stamps was lower. Mostly on priority mail where dimensions lowered the price. Amazon was never lower for me, but I do not sell books.

That's Cubic pricing & saves me a lot so i'll be keeping my Stamps account.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
hwalsh_books

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 11:39 AM   in response to: stevenzeev in response to: stevenzeev  
stevenzeev wrote:
Buying postage through amazon now has the ability to buy Bounded Printed matter which is even cheaper then media mail. I know there has been some discussion about it not being equivalent, and not for books but so far its been working great and is almost always cheaper.
Books are not bound printed matter. "Bound Printed Matter is defined as advertising, promotional, directory, editorial material or any combination of such material. It must be securely bound by permanent fastenings such as staples, spiral binding, glue or stitching." If you ask your local postal authority they will probably tell you it is for professional marketing material but not 3 ring binders or other binders where pages can be swapped in or out. Using the wrong class (and they say they check bound printed and media mail aggressively for compliance) can get your mailing privlidges revoked.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1
stevenzeev

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 10:30 AM   in response to: backspace in response to: backspace  
Buying postage through amazon now has the ability to buy Bounded Printed matter which is even cheaper then media mail. I know there has been some discussion about it not being equivalent, and not for books but so far its been working great and is almost always cheaper.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 8