Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: What would you do with this INR Problem?
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 11 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17 Jul, 2017 8:28 AM by: GenGoods
sunny days

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 6:55 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have a customer named Jennifer at beginning of May purchased item, 2 weeks later I get this message from her " I have not received this item yet . I have contacted the post office and they said it was delivered. I have spoken with each of my neighbors and no one has seen any package. This is what I was told. I did file an investigation with USPS and so far they haven't done much. Please help me. Thank you."

I reply with my usual, so sorry, since shipping label was purchased from amazon and it does show delivery, please contact amazon. Don't hear anything back until next week, same message, my same reply. This happens every Sunday late afternoon, since the end of May.

Last week, she purchased something else and guess what here we go again, yesterday (sunday) with same exact message, but for the new item.

It's almost like, this is her normal for any order she places on amazon, maybe she gets instant refunds, she seems to know to say i.e. checked with the neighbors and post office.

Ps, I didn't realize it was the same woman on the 2nd order, or I would have required signature delivery. These items aren't very expensive, but?? What would you do?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 6   No
11 Replies
Sort replies by:
Rugsandlighting

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:09 AM   in response to: sunny days in response to: sunny days  
She seems to fish for free items by copy pasting same message and many sellers are giving her refunds.
She probably forgot that she bought from you before and again copy pasted same message.
Report her to amazon .(and they may do nothing).
I also feel that since she is copy pasting/fishing/hoping all the time,a claim is very unlikely by her.(or she would have ton of claims on amazon account).
Since you buy shipping from amazon,you shall also copy paste what you been doing. Jeez-these scamsters.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
Seeds

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 7:27 AM   in response to: sunny days in response to: sunny days  
First, I would note her name and send the next one out needing a signature if she ever orders again. It may not be cost effective, but if she is legit, this helps her actually get the item. If she is not, she is on notice that she is pushing things.

Second, I would contact the local PO and ask them to look into it. This will get the carrier to pay a bit more attention to the delivery.

Third, if I am not being hit (metrics or $) by these non-deliveries, I would ignore it. Amazon sees exactly what she is doing and will put a stop to it when enough is enough. You can open a case with seller-support just to have it notated on your end.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
New and Used Ne...

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:06 AM   in response to: sunny days in response to: sunny days  
I would open a case with seller support immediately so when they file it is already noted. I did this and when the customer filed a-z later, they were immediately denied.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 1
SeedyCDs123

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:11 AM   in response to: sunny days in response to: sunny days  
I would write back and say that this is the second time that this has happened in a short period of time, obviously there is an issue in her area, and request a copy of her USPS investigation report so you can use it when filing your own USPS report, which you will be doing shortly.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 2
CapRecycling

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:19 AM   in response to: TrumCi in response to: TrumCi  
TrumCi wrote:
How about use this answer to her?

"
we contacted the post office on your zip code and the carrier confirmed delivery to your address, so it appears the package may have been stolen. Since stealing mail is a Federal Offense, we will be opening the necessary claim with the United States Postal Inspector, aka the Postal Police. we should appreciate your cooperation when they contact you for your legal Agadir that the item was not received, which they will do as part of their investigation, since mail tampering and/or theft is punishable by stiff gives and/or hail time, and they are very serious about catching criminals who interfere with the nails. Please let us know after they have contacted you so we can follow up on our side. In the meanwhile, we will processes your refund when we return to our office after the weekend. Sincerely..."

I would not use this.
It's riddled with grammatical errors.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 3
sunny days

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:19 AM   in response to: TrumCi in response to: TrumCi  
I wouldn't send a note that I was refunding her, since I will not.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
sunny days

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:10 AM   in response to: New and Used Ne... in response to: New and Used Ne...  
That's a good idea, however I just don't think they will file a claim, since they have sent same email for 8 Sundays in a row. I did purchase shipping from amazon, I think I would win a claim.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
SeedyCDs123

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:21 AM   in response to: CapRecycling in response to: CapRecycling  
Maybe we're just not familiar with the concept of a legal Agadir.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 3
Moonwishes Sewi...

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:28 AM   in response to: SeedyCDs123 in response to: SeedyCDs123  
SeedyCDs123 wrote:
Maybe we're just not familiar with the concept of a legal Agadir.

The only definition I could find of Agadir is a city in Morocco, so I am a bit puzzled as to what it has to do with US mail. Nor have I ever heard of Postal Police.

Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 2
GenGoods

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:28 AM   in response to: sunny days in response to: sunny days  
What would I do? On the first INR I would have refunded in full if my label or request Amazon refund if the label was purchased through their buy shipping. Second, I would open an internal investigation meaning no other merchandise will be shipped to that person or address until our investigation was completed. I would follow-up with the postmaster to see if the geo-coordinates of the final scan matched her address, and if they do she would hit our internal ban list which spans all marketplaces. Why do we have an internal ban list? To prevent future INR claims from the same person/address like the second one you got. If the geo-coordinates do not match we tell the buyer to place another order and would ship with signature. Either way the buyer gets all their money back from the first INR. Yes, you can follow-up with Amazon and the Postmaster about your complaint of product theft if warranted.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 5
TrumCi

Posted on: 17 Jul, 2017 8:16 AM   in response to: sunny days in response to: sunny days  
How about use this answer to her?

"
we contacted the post office on your zip code and the carrier confirmed delivery to your address, so it appears the package may have been stolen. Since stealing mail is a Federal Offense, we will be opening the necessary claim with the United States Postal Inspector, aka the Postal Police. we should appreciate your cooperation when they contact you for your legal Agadir that the item was not received, which they will do as part of their investigation, since mail tampering and/or theft is punishable by stiff gives and/or hail time, and they are very serious about catching criminals who interfere with the nails. Please let us know after they have contacted you so we can follow up on our side. In the meanwhile, we will processes your refund when we return to our office after the weekend. Sincerely..."

Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 7