Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Action Required: Potential Duplicate ASINs
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 19 Jun, 2017 8:27 AM by: djgoldseller888
GOFORIT

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:41 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello -

Received message with subject Action Required: Potential Duplicate ASINs. Indicates we may have duplicate ASINS that will be suppressed in 30 days. Instructions are given to review the items in question:

1. Go to Inventory > Manage Inventory and click Potential Duplicates from the top.
2. Click the Review Duplicates button for an ASIN.
3. Read the instructions on the top of the page and review your ASIN with its potential duplicate.
4. Select the suitable option from the bottom of the page to confirm whether your ASIN is a duplicate or not.
5. Repeat the procedure for remaining ASINs.

There is no Review Duplicates button on Manage Inventory page. Further, when we researched on help pages and found a link to potential duplicates page, there are none listed for our account.

Anyone else experience? Glitch?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 2   No
6 Replies
Sort replies by:
ACU Sheet Metal

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:50 AM   in response to: GOFORIT in response to: GOFORIT  
We received the same email. I contacted seller support and the rep said that he didnt see any duplicated and that all sellers receive those emails and to ignore it if we get another one. :l

-ACU

Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
djgoldseller888

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 8:27 AM   in response to: Timeout99 in response to: Timeout99  
Wow, crazy. I received same email today. Also, i noticed my Buy Box drop from 98% to 87%, so i don't know if Amazon merged all my duplicates listing and now drop, or something else that affected it, or like your situation it merged with competitor listing?

Either way, the past 2 day sales wasn't that great, and today-Monday usually good sales but it seems slow.

Any idea what's going on?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
Have Beauty

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 8:24 AM   in response to: GOFORIT in response to: GOFORIT  
Too bad Amazon can't tell you what ASIN it is.
Glitch not sure as I have found one department doesn't know how the next department works.

You may want to do a random selection of items you listed that did not have a upc.

Inventory > Add product > only use brand or manuf and something else the identifies it

see if multiple listings are showing for the same item. it is a violation to duplicate listings.

i think lots of sellers come over from ebay and create new listings.
The Gourmet Onl...

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 8:09 AM   in response to: GOFORIT in response to: GOFORIT  
Same here - told it was a glitch - told to ignore it.
Belle Rose Moun...

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:59 AM   in response to: GOFORIT in response to: GOFORIT  
The potential Duplicates is on the very top taskbar.
Timeout99

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 8:14 AM   in response to: GOFORIT in response to: GOFORIT  
GOFORIT wrote:
Hello -

Received message with subject Action Required: Potential Duplicate ASINs. Indicates we may have duplicate ASINS that will be suppressed in 30 days. Instructions are given to review the items in question:

1. Go to Inventory > Manage Inventory and click Potential Duplicates from the top.
2. Click the Review Duplicates button for an ASIN.
3. Read the instructions on the top of the page and review your ASIN with its potential duplicate.
4. Select the suitable option from the bottom of the page to confirm whether your ASIN is a duplicate or not.
5. Repeat the procedure for remaining ASINs.

There is no Review Duplicates button on Manage Inventory page. Further, when we researched on help pages and found a link to potential duplicates page, there are none listed for our account.

Anyone else experience? Glitch?

I have a slightly different situation... where a competitor has made duplicate ASINS of the same item (I did not know this was even possible) in order to get the Buy Box more often.

In 1 case the competitor has 8 duplicate listings and Seller Support confirmed to me that this is violation.

I have sent in a compliant to Amazon a month ago after a month but nothing so far... should I follow up on original complaint ?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1