Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: What is the largest size box you can use to ship to FBA centers?
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 15 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 19 Jun, 2017 11:01 AM by: Funky Monkey Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
daveAck.Philly

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:38 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
What is the largest size box you can use to ship to FBA centers?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
15 Replies
Sort replies by:
Bill

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:42 AM   in response to: daveAck.Philly in response to: daveAck.Philly  
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
Dogtamer

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:44 AM   in response to: daveAck.Philly in response to: daveAck.Philly  
This .pdf can be most helpful; as noted on p. 8, "...Boxes containing multiple Standard-Size units must not exceed 25 inches on any side."

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/fba-help/QRG/FBA-Shipping-Inventory-to-Amazon.pdf

Edit: link didn't come through.

Edited by: Dogtamer on Jun 19, 2017 7:59 AM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Green Breeze Im...

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:45 AM   in response to: daveAck.Philly in response to: daveAck.Philly  
25 inches unless one a single item in the box is bigger than that.
Gift Guru

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:54 AM   in response to: daveAck.Philly in response to: daveAck.Philly  
Remember, boxes can not be over 50lbs as well.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
daveAck.Philly

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:55 AM   in response to: Bill in response to: Bill  
Thanks. I had trouble finding that. However, I received a notification saying my boxes were oversized (22" long) and the notice had much smaller dimensions as the largest size.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Dogtamer

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 7:59 AM   in response to: daveAck.Philly in response to: daveAck.Philly  
daveAck.Philly wrote:
Thanks. I had trouble finding that. However, I received a notification saying my boxes were oversized (22" long) and the notice had much smaller dimensions as the largest size.

The FCs seem to have gotten a new initiative as of late - there are multiple reports in the two forums more closely concerned w/ FBA about improper notifications concerning package sizes. Many sellers are simply accepting responsibility, but not filing cases that quote published policy may not be the best way to keep this from happening in the future...

CJ Artisans

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 8:29 AM   in response to: daveAck.Philly in response to: daveAck.Philly  
I received a notification saying my boxes were oversized (22" long)

Naw, I send in 22x22x22 boxes all the time.
CJ Artisans

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 8:31 AM   in response to: Gift Guru in response to: Gift Guru  
Remember, boxes can not be over 50lbs as well

Just to clarify, if it's a single unit it can be >50lbs but must be labeled, something like "Team Lift" IIRC
BYDEALS

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 8:39 AM   in response to: Bill in response to: Bill  
Box can be over 50 lbs if u put a label on boX as TEAM LIFT
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
Gatorback Tool ...

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 8:56 AM   in response to: daveAck.Philly in response to: daveAck.Philly  
We send oversize products to FBA in a box size 26 x 17 x 41 at ~46lbs. In the 6 months and many shipments later never heard of any problems with this from FBA. Just as a note, if we add about two inches anywhere on that box size, our shipping cost almost doubles to FBA.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 2
marjon 2

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 9:02 AM   in response to: Gift Guru in response to: Gift Guru  
A USPS Post Office clerk in New Jersey told me a few years ago 70 or 75 lbs max

Edited by: marjon 2 on Jun 19, 2017 9:02 AM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 4
TJB

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 9:05 AM   in response to: daveAck.Philly in response to: daveAck.Philly  
I highly suggest you search for, download and read the PDF for inbound FBA shipments as well as the associated fees so you don't get surprised.

Boxes can be "oversized" but still acceptable to FBA, you just pay higher fees. All multi-pack boxes (more than one unit per box) must be under 50 lbs or you run the risk of losing your goods and being blocked from shipping into FBA. If your single product is over 50 lbs you need to put a heavy, team lift sticker on the box.

Again, do yourself a favor and download the FBA PDF document for inbound goods and make sure you understand the associated fees. Its very detailed and will save you a lot of headaches (and money). If you are sending in pallet quantities, check out Amazon partner LTL costs for shipping. You can save a ton of money in freight by using LTL versus UPS.
GoodSeller

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 9:40 AM   in response to: BYDEALS in response to: BYDEALS  
BYDEALS wrote:
Box can be over 50 lbs if u put a label on boX as TEAM LIFT

A box can be over 50 pounds only if it contains a single item.
If more than 1 item in the box then it cannot be over 50 pounds.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 19 Jun, 2017 10:51 AM   in response to: Gatorback Tool ... in response to: Gatorback Tool ...  
Gatorback Tool Belts by Contractor Pro wrote:
We send oversize products to FBA in a box size 26 x 17 x 41 at ~46lbs. In the 6 months and many shipments later never heard of any problems with this from FBA. Just as a note, if we add about two inches anywhere on that box size, our shipping cost almost doubles to FBA.
You have been fortunate so far.

Last fall, Many FBA sellers were suspended for sending boxes that just came close to 25" and/or 50 pounds. Recently, they've been on the "war path" again.

If you want to risk your selling privilege fine, but don't insinuate that anything other than following "the book" is acceptable behavior.

Funky
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0