Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Shipping situation
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04 May, 2017 10:02 AM by: SBDGLOBAL
Phxwater

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:40 AM  
Click to report abuse...
Hey guys,

So I just received a buyer message from Amazon saying that the customers package was delivered, they never got it, and they want a refund. According to UPS it was delivered to their front door at 4:52pm yesterday. What would you do in this situation?

Thanks for your help!
Is this a helpful question? Yes 1   No
4 Replies
Sort replies by:
Salvage Unlimited

Posted on: 04 May, 2017 9:49 AM   in response to: Phxwater in response to: Phxwater  
Click to report abuse...
If you purchased your shipping through the buy shipping on Amazon then you can let it go and they can file an A-Z Claim and Amazon will fund it
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Ace Easy

Posted on: 04 May, 2017 9:50 AM   in response to: Phxwater in response to: Phxwater  
Click to report abuse...
If you search INR, you will find so many threads about this situation.

Here is the famous Shanti letter to be sent to the buyer:

Dear Buyer,

I am so very sorry to hear that you did not receive your package. If we are unable to find it I will, of course, issue a refund. I would like to try a few things that have successfully located packages in the past. I will call your post office and initiate a trace on the package. Sometimes the package is simply there, awaiting pickup. I will ask to speak with your post master who will check with your carrier. It may take a few days for the post master to investigate the package.

Please, do, ask your family and neighbors. Many a lost package was simply laid aside by a family member and then forgotten. And sometimes your postal carrier leaves it with a neighbor because s/he doesn't want to leave it out in the weather.

If these measures don't work I will file a case with the postal inspector's office. Many carriers now have scanners that are equipped with GPS tracking and the postal inspectors can find out exactly where the package was delivered. If your package was delivered to the wrong address they may be able to retrieve it and get it to you.

I will let you know what I find out and, please, let me know if you are able to find it yourself. If we can't find it within a few days, I will refund and let you know what the postal inspectors find out. Be well.

Best regards,
Seller
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
eeyorecrzy

Posted on: 04 May, 2017 9:52 AM   in response to: Phxwater in response to: Phxwater  
Click to report abuse...
Tell the buyer you will look into the situation. I believe Shanti has an INR letter that's frequently used. Sometimes post office marks it delivered before it actually is, and it shows up next day. Amazon is Supposed to cover you in these situations where the package is shown as delivered but isn't, as long as you purchased postage via Amazon. be pro-active and start working on it....call that post office (sometimes first thing in morning is best), most have GPS available for deliveries.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
SBDGLOBAL

Posted on: 04 May, 2017 9:59 AM   in response to: Phxwater in response to: Phxwater  
Click to report abuse...
I had this happen to me not to long ago. I had talked with the customer and was about to open up a case thru USPS and he called me back and said that his neighbor from a few streets over had brought him his package. The postman delivered it to the wrong address. It is kind of hard to not receive a parcel that was marked delivered when the package is 3 1/2"feet long and weights 11lb. Not to mention the person had video records on his front porch there is no way to miss a package this oddly shaped.

Edited by: SBDGLOBAL on May 4, 2017 10:00 AM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1