Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Suggestions on reporting a violation
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21 Apr, 2017 11:14 AM by: Timeout99
Cadut

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:09 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I received an order that I placed here on Amazon. I usually mind my business and just keep to myself but this has been eating at me. The seller sells in the some of the same categories I do and we list in a few of the same listings, no big deal. I only ordered the product because I do not carry it and needed it for the office.

Anyway, When I received the package that was shipped by Amazon, it came in a clear plastic zip-lock bag that contained the product, as well as a company business card and small brochure off their products and items on their own website, not Amazon. They are obviously trying to direct customers to their own website using Amazon orders.

I am curious as the what most would do. I usually just mind my business but for some reason this has not been sitting well with me. Should I just ignore or report?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
10 Replies
Sort replies by:
Hollywood O

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:16 AM   in response to: Cadut in response to: Cadut  
If your house is clean, report it. Just saying- as it has been known to have reporters open themselves up for review as well.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 0
Arizona Dave

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:23 AM   in response to: Cadut in response to: Cadut  
Anyway, When I received the package that was shipped by Amazon,

Did the seller have the item listed as FBA or was it FBM and used Amazon as a drop shipper?.

I usually just mind my business but for some reason this has not been sitting well with me. Should I just ignore or report?

Personally I don't want my competition to have an unfair advantage. Be careful, you can report the seller to Amazon and there is a specific place in the help section for you to report it if you wanted to but, but if Amazon starts snooping around in your account (not that they will) and notices any policy violations, you may not be happy with the outcome.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1
Cadut

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:25 AM   in response to: Arizona Dave in response to: Arizona Dave  
It was FBA. That's why I usually just ignore. I do not want to start any trouble for myself. Although I think I am clean, who knows what could be found
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
BnCR

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:27 AM   in response to: Cadut in response to: Cadut  
Based on other threads on this topic, the opinions are very polarized. I think many many sellers "violate" this policy in one way or another and others live in fear of it.

Despite it being a stated policy, I don't think it's very high on the totem pole. This would be a class C misdemeanor in light of all the other seller violations out there.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Arizona Dave

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:28 AM   in response to: Cadut in response to: Cadut  
Out of curiosity, without saying who it is, does it appear they are a newer seller or a long time seller that offers thousands of items?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Cadut

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:33 AM   in response to: Arizona Dave in response to: Arizona Dave  
Long timer seller with 4,000 plus lifetime feedbacks. When I looked around at their listings, some pricing is pretty low and my assumption is the platform is used to get customers to their own website. If they can push "x" amount of orders and break close to even, its free advertising for their website.

I am speaking of FBA listings at $4-$6 for quick moving products
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 1
Timeout99

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:46 AM   in response to: Cadut in response to: Cadut  
Cadut wrote:
Long timer seller with 4,000 plus lifetime feedbacks. When I looked around at their listings, some pricing is pretty low and my assumption is the platform is used to get customers to their own website. If they can push "x" amount of orders and break close to even, its free advertising for their website.

I am speaking of FBA listings at $4-$6 for quick moving products

I just purchased some body cream (nothing to do with what I sell here on Amazon) through my personal account recently.

It too had a "Thank You" card with their company website clearly there as well.

I know for fact many people use warranty registration cards to get customers personal email addresses.

I believe in Karma. I could around all day reporting these types of violations but I think that is not right way to grow your business.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
O.L.D. Books

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:50 AM   in response to: Cadut in response to: Cadut  
At the bottom of this page is a link to contact Seller Support. There is a menu to choose from. Select Other Issue then select Report a Violation. If you can, include an attachment showing the violation, the order number, the seller name, and anything else that may assist Amazon in handling the violation. If reported properly, Amazon takes this as a serious violation. Images really help.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
bustedmouse

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 11:06 AM   in response to: Cadut in response to: Cadut  
You may not feel comfortable doing this, but you could just message the seller and give them a friendly warning as fellow seller letting them know that including that information is against Amazon policy. There is a small chance they don't know that it is not allowed.

Doing this will keep your conscience clear.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 2
Timeout99

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 11:14 AM   in response to: O.L.D. Books in response to: O.L.D. Books  
O.L.D. Books wrote:
At the bottom of this page is a link to contact Seller Support. There is a menu to choose from. Select Other Issue then select Report a Violation. If you can, include an attachment showing the violation, the order number, the seller name, and anything else that may assist Amazon in handling the violation. If reported properly, Amazon takes this as a serious violation. Images really help.

I know if your reporting this... it would be easy to figure it was you out since a competitor made a recent purchase.
Get ready to have your complete listings bought in test buys and every listing checked for policy violations.

Karma can be a (you know the rest)
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 4