Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: USPS Increase April
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 28 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 21 Apr, 2017 2:03 PM by: FBA ALL THE WAY
World Wide Food...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:21 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Has anyone else noticed the USPS rate increase significantly?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 21   No
28 Replies
Sort replies by:
GoodSeller

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:23 AM   in response to: World Wide Food... in response to: World Wide Food...  
World Wide Foods Corp wrote:

There has not been an increase of postage rates

Amazon is currently experiencing a glitch that has you paying for signature confirmation for everything.
They are working on the problem now.

If you purchase your postage someplace else you will get the correct rates.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 31   No 2
iZabog

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:32 AM   in response to: World Wide Food... in response to: World Wide Food...  
Try using www.paypal.com/shipnow then confirm shipment with tracking number until they resolve the issue.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 17   No 4
Unique Gfts N M...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:25 AM   in response to: World Wide Food... in response to: World Wide Food...  
There is a glitch in the system right now, its charging for sign confir. price without actually having it check marked. They know of the glitch and are working on it.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 11   No 3
Veggies

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:36 AM   in response to: ben tennison in response to: ben tennison  
Whenever they are working on changes in Beta we see glitches like this. I always see what's about to roll out but has not been announced and what no one else is seeing on my account first in the past a month or more before they announce some change so I know I have some account they test in Beta...but we have seen this before when they are working on something in programming, it will accidentally show up and disappear.

So yes I think something is in the horizon and I knew it would happen with Amazon paying for these Item Not Received things...Now that they know the ridiculous amount of claims third party sellers get with these.

My hope is that they will make this new charge an option for the BUYER or they negate the right to claim INR, or take it up with the post office. But that is doubtful. It's always the sellers who get hit.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 2
BSSells

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:33 AM   in response to: World Wide Food... in response to: World Wide Food...  
I called a Seller Support rep and they are saying that people are just complaining about a postage increase!

I'm not even sure they are aware of any technical issues with signature confirmation being added to EVERY shipping method. It's forcing signature confirmation to all shipping methods.

Everyone needs to message Amazon or call them and make it clear that postage rates have NOT gone up. It's an Amazon glitch that is adding signature confirmation to every shipping method.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
bookwormapril

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:30 AM   in response to: World Wide Food... in response to: World Wide Food...  
World Wide Foods Corp wrote:

Fifteen threads on the subject so far. A glitch.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 4
Multavita

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:36 AM   in response to: ben tennison in response to: ben tennison  
Customers hate signature confirmation because it usually delays them getting their package and they have to make a special trip to the PO. Whenever I use it for high priced items I always get complaints. Imagine what will happen for orders under $10? I'll either have to risk INR or pass the sig con cost to the customer, then I'll lose the sale. Forced sig con is not a good idea.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 2
We Ship Amazing...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 11:16 AM   in response to: World Wide Food... in response to: World Wide Food...  
See attached:
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
redtail_gallery

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 11:04 AM   in response to: GoodSeller in response to: GoodSeller  
The system is adding in a charge for 'Signature Confirmatipon'! Must be a glitch. Amazon-- please correct!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
World Wide Food...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:30 AM   in response to: iZabog in response to: iZabog  
Awesome Answer!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 3
Premier-Auction...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 11:09 AM   in response to: GoodSeller in response to: GoodSeller  
I just went to print a label and noticed almost $2.00 increased on Priority Flat Rate Envelope to $8.20 from $5.75. $12.42 for a 2 # package to Utah????

What's going on???
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
Happy Skate

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:41 AM   in response to: World Wide Food... in response to: World Wide Food...  
Do we know if these orders are actually being shipped with the signature required? If I was ordering something, especially a cheaper item, I wouldn't want to have to deal with a sig requirement.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
FBA ALL THE WAY

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 2:03 PM   in response to: World Wide Food... in response to: World Wide Food...  
What a convenient glitch for Amazon. How many millions of packages are going out today first class and getting charged double. Signature confirmation or not, more money is being made period. Hope they fix this issue fast.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
Hit the Books

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 11:13 AM   in response to: Premier-Auction... in response to: Premier-Auction...  
Premier-Auction-House wrote:
I just went to print a label and noticed almost $2.00 increased on Priority Flat Rate Envelope to $8.20 from $5.75. $12.42 for a 2 # package to Utah????

What's going on???

^ As stated here and in multiple other threads on the forums, this is a known glitch today where Amazon shipping services is automatically forcing Signature Confirmation on many mail classes. There is no ETA for a resolution. This is NOT a USPS postage increase.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0