Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Hi, has anyone else experienced a TOTAL halt in sales the last few days.
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 36 - Pages: 3 [ 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: 21 Apr, 2017 11:08 PM by: Buddy Bird
Supreme Swan

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:08 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have gone from regular orders (usually 3 - 4 per day) to suddenly NOTHING for the past 4 days. I've checked everything I can think of and everything seems fine. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this or if anyone has any insight. Thank you, Maria Gray

Edited by: Supreme Swan on Apr 21, 2017 9:09 AM

Edited by: Supreme Swan on Apr 21, 2017 9:09 AM
Is this a helpful question? Yes 14   No
36 Replies
Sort replies by:
swonline

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:12 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
Yep, absolutely nothing for 2 days. I'm using the time to check listings and add new products.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 13   No 0
Hollywood O

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:10 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
These questions pop up all the time, and its always some say yes others no.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 12   No 2
CLEARSKY

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:27 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan
Helpful
It depends on what you are selling. It usually slows down for us this time of year, we sell electronics. The end of the school semester is near- People are very busy preparing for exams and summer vacations maybe. I'm sure that are other factors in play but it usually picks up again at the mid/end of may. We try to be more aggressive with pricing to offset the slow down and move inventory. You may or may not be able to afford lower prices- Do the math.

Good luck.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 0
SK

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:20 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
Oh yeah, a considerable drop
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
YANKEES2017

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:13 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
Our sales are regular.

I assume you are not selling Insulin (or anything else that people rely on and need regularly).

Don't freak out. Sales go up and down regularly.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
Westof5th

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 12:39 PM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
YES!! TOTAL shut down of sales!! I've never experienced this since I started selling on Amazon.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
arthurharvey

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:25 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
Not only a dip in sales, but a slowdown much worse than anything I experienced in the past 10 years. It's partly because of a rash of fake sellers, and the newest incarnations are HDNDUEINCON and Charles Elliott SW, which offer new bestselling books at less than wholesale. This is apparently causing many Amazon buyers to look elsewhere.
She Sells

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:21 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
No total halt here ...but, sales waaaaay down for me with a steady decline since Tuesday.
GrandlakeMedia

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:24 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
Sales have been crap since january. I add new inventory every day i had $10000 in sales in december then dropped to $3500 in january been down to $1700 in february and slowly climbed to $2700 this month. This is very abnormal and at all time lows for the past 5 years. Last year i had about 4 or 5 months at $10000+ a month. This year only 1 month at 10k with 1/3 more inventory. Something is definitely going on. I feel as if something is happening when people are trying to add my items to thier cart and they just move on to the next seller. I also went through my inventory the other day. I went through about 3/4 of it and had 56 items no longer listed that i am 100% positive i listed. The site sucks anymore. Everybody there trying to fix stuff that isnt broke. Just messes it up worse. Like the shipping cost problem right now. Probably some moron that thinks they know what they are doing screwing with sh-- that they shouldnt be.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 3
EAS

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:14 AM   in response to: Hollywood O in response to: Hollywood O  
Hollywood O wrote:
These questions pop up all the time, and its always some say yes others no.

Agreed and that is the true answer. One sellers "worst" selling day could easily be the next sellers "best" sales day.

Some do appear to be stuck in their own micro-bubbles and forgot the outside world.

If someone is looking for strong sales for all seasons and all demographics....they need to fully stock high-demand items for all seasons and all demographics at very attractive sale prices.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 2
EAS

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 11:35 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
Supreme Swan wrote:
Thank you, appreciate your feedback.

Thank you, appreciate your feedback.

(One time to the group is enough though).

Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
CGS

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:15 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
Well we just came out of Easter holiday, taxes were due immediately after, and it's currently spring break, so I would suspect those are good reasons. It should pick up again soon, especially with Mother's Day around the corner.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
HTH

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:06 AM   in response to: Supreme Swan in response to: Supreme Swan  
Down for us by about 50% for the past 2-3 weeks, but up on FBA! It could be that we have been sending more items to FBA so we are not selling them ourselves. It just needs a little get used to I guess because all of the sudden we are not as busy! Hopefully that is the case! This is usually the slowest time of the year of most anyway. More time to do other things and expand your business!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Kaleman

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:15 AM   in response to: Battlefield Leg... in response to: Battlefield Leg...  
Battlefield Legends Toy Soldiers wrote:
Small drop although not that measurable.

Same here on an even smaller scale.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0