Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Does Amazon Shipping have an Issue Today? Charging Wrong Rates
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 46 - Pages: 4 [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] - Last Post: 21 Apr, 2017 9:06 PM by: Chriss
WholesaleDeals2...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:14 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Good Morning all

Has anybody else experienced issues today with Amazon Shipping Services.....

I am shipping a 1/2 Oz item in an Envelope - We have shipped 1000 of these - Normal Rate is $2.67

Today when Calculated - it is $5.06

I checked my Weight, my Package size and my Ship from Zip Code
I also confirmed the Price on USPS.co For To and From Zips and it confirms $2.67

Seems Odd!

James

Is this a helpful question? Yes 44   No
46 Replies
Sort replies by:
Video Game Mons...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:23 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
The "signature confirmation" fee of $2.45 has been added on to the shipment and cannot be taken off. Not sure if it is an issue with Amazon. Been having this issue for 9 hours since 9pm Hawaii time
Was this reply helpful? Yes 32   No 1
Friends of the ...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:17 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
Yes. I noticed this also. Their first class rate was over $5 for something that is normally $2.60. I went to the USPS site and double checked to make sure that first class postage rates hadn't gone up and they hadn't. The USPS rate was $3.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 24   No 1
Toys and Hobbies

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:17 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
Yes I almost bought it. First class 3 oz 5.06 Small flat rate box 8.70?????
Was this reply helpful? Yes 14   No 1
RED BOAR CHAIN ...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:23 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
Yes, They wanted $8.10 for a flat rate envelope.
All of their shipping rates are higher than retail?

What's up?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 13   No 1
mill_hill_books

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:21 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
Was this reply helpful? Yes 13   No 1
iZabog

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:30 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
Try using www.paypal.com/shipnow then confirm shipment with tracking number until they resolve the issue.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 14   No 4
Pennies On The ...

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:45 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
If the shipping is messed up again and it's Amazon's fault get on the phone and yell at them. I pay $39.99 a month to be a professional seller, which means you should be able to have an issue addressed as soon as you call them. But the Seller Support people are brain dead so I went through a lot trying to get it fixed and they actually refunded not only the shipping but also the $39.99 monthly fee due to their incompetence.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 12   No 3
Shear Bling

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:49 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
I just called Amazon...yes, they said they are having a problem with the buy shipping. It will show "signature confirmation" as a default selection and you can't remove it at all. They told me just to keep checking back throughout the day today and that they are working on it as fast as they can.
Hope they are right as we have lots of orders needing to be shipped today! You can choose www.paypal.com/shipnow to do your shipping labels but it is very time consuming as you have to copy and paste the tracking info onto each order!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 0
Diva Stuff

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:07 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
My concern is negative feedback because people are not home to "sign" for a bar of soap.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 1
Andretti

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:04 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
We asked Amazon to post a message on Seller Central alerting sellers about this global issue so everyone doesn't waste a lot of time trying to figure it out. A little transparency would go a long way. On a brighter note, at least we are notifying each other.
Happy Selling! Keep smiling!
-Andretti
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 0
demetruis04401

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:16 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
yes I am having this issue, when did the usps change their rate by 2 dollars?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 4
attiegirl

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:00 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
I just got off the phone with Seller Support and that problem is system wide. I called them after I had problems and was charged for a service (signature confirmation) that I NEVER use. They are working on the problem.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
rainmaker711652

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 9:34 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
yes, they are charging signature conformation. which is another 2.45. I changed it in the scroll box, but it still charged me the 5.06
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
BSSells

Posted on: 21 Apr, 2017 10:27 AM   in response to: WholesaleDeals2... in response to: WholesaleDeals2...  
I just called Seller Support and the representative stated that they increased postage. The representatives are confused!! They do not understand that it is a glitch! They simply think that postage rates have gone up overnight and people are simply complaining about the increases.

Everyone needs to call and message support to get them on this to fix it! These foreign folks working for Amazon don't know a thing about what they are doing.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0