Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Fulfillment By Amazon » General FBA Questions

Thread: FBA Customer Return Fee
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20 Mar, 2017 10:51 PM by: LoCo
Itznathin

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:11 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I know Amazon charges this fee on certain categories (e.g., Clothing & shoes) when an item is returned (I am in one of those categories). The fee is about the same as the original FBA fee (but not always).

So the total loss for me per return = Administration Fee + Original FBA Fee + FBA Customer Return Fee ?

And if Im not in one of those categories, the total loss = the Admin Fee + Original FBA Fee?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
3 Replies
Sort replies by:
LoCo

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:33 PM   in response to: Itznathin in response to: Itznathin  
Itznathin wrote:
I know Amazon charges this fee on certain categories (e.g., Clothing & shoes) when an item is returned (I am in one of those categories). The fee is about the same as the original FBA fee (but not always).

So the total loss for me per return = Administration Fee + Original FBA Fee + FBA Customer Return Fee ?

Yes. Stinks.

And if Im not in one of those categories, the total loss = the Admin Fee + Original FBA Fee?
Depends on the return reason. If it's defective, seller will pay the return fee. If it's discretionary, buyer pays.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
Itznathin

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 10:03 PM   in response to: LoCo in response to: LoCo  
Wow. So I get dinged TWICE when an item is returned..... Jesus
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1
LoCo

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 10:51 PM   in response to: Itznathin in response to: Itznathin  
Yep. You're paying pick, pack, and ship to send it, then you're paying ship, unpack, and put back when it's returned.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0