Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Anyone else seeing a ton of new sellers with unrealistically low prices?
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 27 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 21 Mar, 2017 5:22 AM by: firsttimeseller...
wasatch-books

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 8:36 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I sell video games. Over the past week or so, I've noticed a ton of "Just launched" sellers selling video games for very cheap unrealistic prices. These are games that retail for $40-$60 and I've seen them being sold as new for as cheap as $1. It just seams a bit odd to me that there's a massive influx of new sellers that are legitimately able to sell "new" video games so cheap. I'd like to hear your thoughts. View the reply wasatch-books selected as correct
Is this a helpful question? Yes 33   No
27 Replies
Sort replies by:
WH

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:09 PM   in response to: Lee White in response to: Lee White  
While this might have been going on previously on a small(ish) scale, I can not believe that Amazon isn't taking SOME action against this. The Mods need to push the problem up the chain or all heck is going to break out very soon. Everyday it continues Amazon upsets customers and loses customer trust and hurts Amazon's revenue & profit figures.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 31   No 1

wasatch-books selected this reply as correct

View original question

Rushdie

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 8:39 PM   in response to: wasatch-books in response to: wasatch-books  
Was this reply helpful? Yes 29   No 2
Rushdie

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:35 PM   in response to: RedmondOriginal in response to: RedmondOriginal  
Amazon will eventually refund, but why should buyers have to go through this?

These sellers never ship anything. They upload invalid tracking numbers and since most are shipping from the East, it delays the amount of time before a buyer can file an A-to-Z and if the bogus accounts manage to remain, more than 3 weeks, before being suspended, they may actually make some money.

By the way, if anyone is using a repricer and you have these sellers on your listings, please be hyper-vigilant, do not let them match the lowest price or turn them off completely.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 20   No 1
Atlas Biomechan...

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 8:50 PM   in response to: wasatch-books in response to: wasatch-books  
Just had two South Korean sellers without any reviews jump onto my listings selling way below cost. Obviously a scam.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 21   No 3
VG Seller

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 10:02 PM   in response to: Rushdie in response to: Rushdie  
I think what could even be more interesting in the future is if this leads to enough identity theft that there's a class action lawsuit against Amazon by customers who had their personal information stolen by these fraudulent accounts. Customers shop here with a reasonable expectation that their personal information is secure. They could blame Amazon for negligence in securing their marketplace, knowing scammers are listing on the site and not making it a priority to vet them out. Not saying they'd win, but it would be another PR nightmare for Amazon.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 16   No 1
Ricky

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:10 PM   in response to: wasatch-books in response to: wasatch-books  
yes i report these scammers daily have had hundreds removed as fast as u remove them they come back serious issue amazon needs to solve been going on for ever
Was this reply helpful? Yes 16   No 1
VG Seller

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:40 PM   in response to: Rushdie in response to: Rushdie  
Rushdie wrote:
These sellers never ship anything. They upload invalid tracking numbers and since most are shipping from the East, it delays the amount of time before a buyer can file an A-to-Z and if the bogus accounts manage to remain, more than 3 weeks, before being suspended, they may actually make some money.

I don't think these people are after money. More likely they want personal information, phone numbers and emails. They are listing top selling products by the thousands, even if they only get a couple orders per SKU before they are suspended, it's still thousands of customers' personal information.

Even with the masked Amazon email addresses, I think you can still send an email to the buyer from your personal email address.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 15   No 1
Keilys

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 11:27 PM   in response to: wasatch-books in response to: wasatch-books  
It's out of control now. I am getting my items kicked out for pricing errors, because these sellers are "selling" $40 to $60 shirts for $1.00 so Amazon robots think mine is the one with the pricing error. There should be better control on Amazon's end. It's bad for buyers and sellers.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 13   No 1
Rushdie

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:48 PM   in response to: VG Seller in response to: VG Seller  
Excellent point and a very valid argument. First time this has been brought up and I think you may have struck gold as to the "why" factor.

However, they may in fact be culling names, addresses and telephone numbers, to continue using the information for fraudulent accounts, not only here, but elsewhere.

The email addresses may be secondary, because even if they are able to respond through their own email addresses, the actual emails, will still go through Seller Central.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 11   No 1
KS Games N More

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:22 PM   in response to: wasatch-books in response to: wasatch-books  
Yes and its really annoying too. When someone sets a really low price the average person who is trying to get rid of their games without knowledge of the market value will then follow with a price that's extremely low. This sets way too low a price and causes problems for the ones who are actually have a video game store and know market values. The guys with the insanely low prices are def scammers. Some of these guys are selling NEW NES and N64 games for 5-7 dollars and they all say just launched.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 9   No 1
Lee White

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 8:58 PM   in response to: Atlas Biomechan... in response to: Atlas Biomechan...  
The countries are random,they wrote they ship from Korea, or Japan, or China or UK or USA... Any one is not true maybe. They are just scammers and upload listings via IT program.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 3
Books 'n Stuff.

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 8:39 PM   in response to: wasatch-books in response to: wasatch-books  
wasatch-books wrote:

Anyone else seeing a ton of new sellers with unrealistically low prices?

Only those who visit this forum at least once per month.

Take a short-cut, and read Rushdie's link, above.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 5
PurpleHazeShopp...

Posted on: 21 Mar, 2017 12:28 AM   in response to: wasatch-books in response to: wasatch-books  
im a Just launched myself and this makes every new seller look bad!
im actually not sure what is the problem, multiple new sellers with thousands of products at crazy low prices, could build an algorithm to kick them out in one hour....
not to mention 90% of them dont know how to turn off "caps lock" lol
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 1
RedmondOriginal

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:28 PM   in response to: wasatch-books in response to: wasatch-books  
Yeah, I noticed it on the Hyper X Cloud Stingers. They sell for 40-50 dollars, but there's people now selling them for 51 cents. What is the scam? Wouldn't Amazon refund the buyer his/her money if the product never arrived?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 3