Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Fulfillment By Amazon » General FBA Questions

Thread: Why is Amazon missing their delivery dates to customers?
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 22 Mar, 2017 10:55 AM by: booksandmorebooks Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
LoCo

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 6:40 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
4 of my last 10 feedbacks complain about late delivery, and a big NO under Delivered on Time column. All but 1 were still positive reviews (had the neg removed). But it still makes me look bad when almost every other review complains about late arrival.

Hopefully potential customers won't look at my feedback and decide not to buy products from me. Many obviously don't understand that I'm not the one shipping their order.

So anyone know what the problem is at Amazon? It's not a particularly busy time, and these do not appear to be weather-related delays.
Is this a helpful question? Yes 1   No
6 Replies
Sort replies by:
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:01 PM   in response to: LoCo in response to: LoCo  
LoCo wrote:
4 of my last 10 feedbacks complain about late delivery, and a big NO under Delivered on Time column. All but 1 were still positive reviews (had the neg removed). But it still makes me look bad when almost every other review complains about late arrival.

Hopefully potential customers won't look at my feedback and decide not to buy products from me. Many obviously don't understand that I'm not the one shipping their order.

So anyone know what the problem is at Amazon? It's not a particularly busy time, and these do not appear to be weather-related delays.

I'm not having a problem.

It is, though, an extremely busy time for the warehouses. Easter is coming up, and it's second only to Christmas.

Funky
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
LoCo

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:28 PM   in response to: Funky Monkey in response to: Funky Monkey  
Wow. If they're already having trouble shipping on time a month before Easter, there are going to be alot of unhappy Prime customers that flock to Amazon the week before and don't get their gifts in time. Our sales will double the week before Easter. I guess that means I'll have double the number of unhappy buyers.

I don't remember this being a problem last year. Thought maybe there was something else going on. Or too many employees taking off for Spring Break?

Whatever it is, I hope they get their act together soon!
Funky Monkey

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 9:53 PM   in response to: LoCo in response to: LoCo  
LoCo wrote:
Wow. If they're already having trouble shipping on time a month before Easter, there are going to be alot of unhappy Prime customers that flock to Amazon the week before and don't get their gifts in time. Our sales will double the week before Easter. I guess that means I'll have double the number of unhappy buyers.

I don't remember this being a problem last year. Thought maybe there was something else going on. Or too many employees taking off for Spring Break?

Whatever it is, I hope they get their act together soon!

They're probably still "sweeping up" LTS Fee removals?

Funky
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
arcanum_books

Posted on: 21 Mar, 2017 1:49 AM   in response to: Funky Monkey in response to: Funky Monkey  
yeah, they are still working on mine (removals/destroy).... and i only had a couple hundred.
Crystal Griffin...

Posted on: 22 Mar, 2017 7:48 AM   in response to: LoCo in response to: LoCo  
I don't have any great solutions for you but I too am having this problem. This is my most common negative feedback. Fortunately they have all been removed. Part of it is probably caused by severe weather but sometimes I wonder if there is a loosening of Amazon's high standards for delivery. Also it appears that they only count weekdays in the two day shipping in many areas and customers misunderstand this. I live in an urban area and we often get faster than two day delivery and Sunday delivery is common. It is unfortunate when customers wait til the last minute and do not receive what they need. I hate disappointing customers even when it is unavoidable.
booksandmorebooks

Posted on: 22 Mar, 2017 10:55 AM   in response to: LoCo in response to: LoCo  
I do think the LTSF removals and recent policy changes might have made things temporarily chaotic at the FCs. A few weeks ago I was having problems with shipments being received (which has since cleared up), and Prime orders we've made as customers have been delayed and even canceled. Hopefully in a few weeks this will all be forgotten.