Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Customer requests cancel for a pending order
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 21 Mar, 2017 4:05 PM by: Chriss
Should Be Foldi...

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 6:22 PM  
Click to report abuse...
I have a customer who requested an order cancellation through the messaging system in the proper way. Therefore, I am in no way worried about metrics or anything like that. However, the order is still in pending status and I have no access to any of the details yet. I cannot cancel it as they requested.

I wrote the customer back explaining this and asking them if they still have the option to cancel through their order details, and that if they did not I can cancel it once payment is received as I do not have full access to the order details until that point.

Is there any way around this? I just am worried that if the customer cannot cancel themselves (obviously why they messaged me to do it on their behalf), that then they could get upset that I cannot cancel it for them. It just seems kind of backwards to me. Suggestions?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 1   No
7 Replies
Sort replies by:
GoodSeller

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 6:27 PM   in response to: Should Be Foldi... in response to: Should Be Foldi...  
Click to report abuse...
If the order clears pending then cancel as requested.
If it does not clear pending then you would not be able to ship anyway so there would be nothing for you to worry about.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
rssbooks

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 6:56 PM   in response to: Should Be Foldi... in response to: Should Be Foldi...
Helpful
Click to report abuse...
Suggest to the buyer they contact Amazon & request the pending order be cancelled.

Only Amazon or the buyer can cancel a pending order.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
DebJo

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 7:38 PM   in response to: Should Be Foldi... in response to: Should Be Foldi...  
Click to report abuse...
This happens sometimes, often, they figure out how to cancel on their end, and it never clears.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Chriss

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 8:15 PM   in response to: Should Be Foldi... in response to: Should Be Foldi...  
Click to report abuse...
The buyer has the means to cancel the order by requesting a cancel after the order is cleared as a sale.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1
LoCo

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 8:50 PM   in response to: Should Be Foldi... in response to: Should Be Foldi...  
Click to report abuse...
I wrote the customer back explaining this and asking them if they still have the option to cancel through their order details, and that if they did not I can cancel it once payment is received as I do not have full access to the order details until that point.

FYI--You made a wrong statement to the customer. You said you can cancel their order once payment is received. But you don't receive payment unless you confirm shipping.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 9   No 3
Should Be Foldi...

Posted on: 21 Mar, 2017 9:57 AM   in response to: LoCo in response to: LoCo  
Click to report abuse...
My apologies. I meant when the order comes through on my end. I made that pretty clear to the customer without using that exact verbiage.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
Chriss

Posted on: 21 Mar, 2017 4:05 PM   in response to: Should Be Foldi... in response to: Should Be Foldi...  
Click to report abuse...
You can cancel the order after it is in your order page.

The buyer is not charged and the order is gone after a cancel.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 2