Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Beginning 23/03/2017, you will need to upload your listings
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20 Mar, 2017 1:38 PM by: TFC-Josh
Unique Collecti...

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 11:50 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Forgive me for not understanding this email? I do each listing manually as a small seller.

I received an email stating: Beginning 23/03/2017, you will need to upload your listings using the updated Watches category template from the “Download an Inventory File” tab under Inventory > Add Products via Upload in Seller Central. This template has been updated with new fields which you will need to fill out to upload a product.

You will still be able to create your listings in bulk using the standard templates or by generating a custom template that aligns to the products (similar to product classifier). You can also type in key product descriptor words in the search box for template recommendations.

For more information about how to list using a custom template, see:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/202094740

For information on how to download the updated template, see:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/201576440

Does everyone need to be doing this? I do see "watches" category and wonder if that applies only to "watches"?

I don't even have Excel. How do I know? Any and all information pertaining to this will be most appreciated.

Thank you!
Is this a helpful question? Yes 7   No
7 Replies
Sort replies by:
Prayer Beads fo...

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 12:38 PM   in response to: FBA ALL THE WAY in response to: FBA ALL THE WAY  
Why bother to reply. I hate snarky replies.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 18   No 5
Lake

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 11:51 AM   in response to: Unique Collecti... in response to: Unique Collecti...  
It applies to the Watches Category
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 4
Prayer Beads fo...

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 12:40 PM   in response to: Unique Collecti... in response to: Unique Collecti...  
I get these from time to time and like you I am a small seller and I do not bother with excel. But I do panic that they will change the rules someday.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
Unique Collecti...

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 11:52 AM   in response to: Lake in response to: Lake  
Thank you so much!! I was really confused.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
TFC-Josh

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 1:38 PM   in response to: Sharon Luggage in response to: Sharon Luggage  
Sharon Luggage wrote:
Unique Collectibles wrote:
I don't even have Excel. How do I know? Any and all information pertaining to this will be most appreciated.

Look up LibreOffice. It's 100% compatible with Microsoft Office, but 100% free.

It should be noted that there isn't a 100% crossover rate in Amazon's macros and additional code, since some of these add-ons are written in "Visual Basic for Microsoft Office". Only the JavaScript macros will work as intended, and those are mostly for web interfacing. It shouldn't be an issue all the time, but it may be an issue some of the time.

I know Jewelry has a real problem with going outside of the specific version of Excel the template designers were using, or it used to.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
Sharon Luggage

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 1:34 PM   in response to: Unique Collecti... in response to: Unique Collecti...  
Unique Collectibles wrote:

Look up LibreOffice. It's 100% compatible with Microsoft Office, but 100% free.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1
FBA ALL THE WAY

Posted on: 20 Mar, 2017 12:35 PM   in response to: Unique Collecti... in response to: Unique Collecti...  
It says watches category right in the original email message that everybody received. Pretty straightforward. Good reading can save a lot of time and headaches on amazon.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 41