Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Order Management, Shipping, Feedback & Returns

Thread: buyer claims he received from me an item I don`t carry in stock!
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18 Feb, 2017 7:41 AM by: BEST CARE
BEST CARE

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:08 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I received a return request from a buyer. Reason: wrong item sent.
He claims he received cookie molds, instead of a medical device I sent him.
We have a medical supplies store. We`ve never had in stock anything but medical supplies!
I`ve just informed the buyer about it. Can I close the return request?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
4 Replies
Sort replies by:
Hit the Books

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:16 AM   in response to: BEST CARE in response to: BEST CARE  
Don't close the return request if it was made within 30 days of delivery.

First, how much are we talking here in terms of order price? Did you have signature and/or insurance? Did you include a packing slip inside the package?

Was your package sent to a freight forwarder? You may have to Google the address to find out. There is another thread on the forums right now where a seller sent a scarf to a freight forwarder address, and the buyer (theoretically the end recipient who contracted the freight forwarder to forward the order to her) says she received a deck of playing cards. That could be a scam on the buyer's part or the freight forwarder's part.

Did you go through the usual litany of

1.) Was the package actually from me, or was it from a different seller? Did you contact the right seller?
2.) Does the package appear to have been opened and/or tampered with?

And then, depending on what you get with those 2, you may proceed to the following, in the name of good customer service and without sounding accusatory at all:

3.) I would be happy to look into this by opening an investigation with the shipper (postal inspectors if USPS, etc.).

Edited by: Hit the Books on Feb 17, 2017 10:18 AM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1
BEST CARE

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 2:01 PM   in response to: Hit the Books in response to: Hit the Books  
Thank you for your answering!
We are talking about a 200.00 order.
The place is a Hotel and the item was delivered 8 days before the return request.
I already contacted her, following your advice.
Waiting for her answer. I`ll keep you posted.

Thanks ;)

Silvia

Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Hit the Books

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 2:07 PM   in response to: BEST CARE in response to: BEST CARE  
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping you had signature. I know they aren't claiming non-receipt, but if you can prove that the hotel signed for it and then forwarded it on to the buyer, your responsibility ends with the hotel, since they acted as the agent for the buyer.

What carrier did you use? If USPS, sometimes if you call the local post office responsible for delivery, they will divulge information that can help (such as "Yeah, we get a lot of complaints about that hotel" or something similar).
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
BEST CARE

Posted on: 18 Feb, 2017 7:41 AM   in response to: Hit the Books in response to: Hit the Books  
I asked her to me a picture of the label. She answered that she figures that the cookies mold was adressed to her landlord, and took the oportunity to say that she didn`t received her item, and that I`m supposed to send her a replacement!
Just waiting for an A_Z Claim!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0