Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Buyer requested to cancel order - Negative on Customer Dissatisfaction
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17 Feb, 2017 11:44 AM by: Aardvark Book D...
T.F.H

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 9:10 AM  
Click to report abuse...
Hello,

A Buyer purchased an item, then a few hours later sends me an email for me to cancel the order as it was the wrong size.

I cancelled it as per her request, today I see that she left me a "negative" on the Customer Dissatisfaction Rate.

I know it's under BETA but I don't like this negative, I did nothing wrong.

Can it be removed or will the agent informed me it's under Beta and not too worry?

Thank you
Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
12 Replies
Sort replies by:
MASTER SHAKE

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:22 AM   in response to: T.F.H in response to: T.F.H  
Click to report abuse...
Its frustrating because all of us sellers know that this metric was created by someone with the knowledge of a child. This metric makes absolutely no sense and is an indicator of nothing. Amazon hires the top programmers and unfortunately they take orders from executives who don't know the difference between a key hole and a cosmic black hole. these executives are constantly trying to tweak things. They are under such pressure to always be upgrading they create garbage like this just so they can show they are doing something. No thought was put into this metric...they created it for only one reason...to show the bosses they did something. Shameful waste to have such high end programmers and they are used to create such useless junk
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
MTD

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:32 AM   in response to: T.F.H in response to: T.F.H  
Click to report abuse...
Same thing happened to me. In my situation, the buyer did not want to cancel, but Amazon CSR requested the cancellation on their request. customer was mad at me and left me a negative on the customer dissatisfaction metric. The mark cannot be removed.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 0
Aardvark Book D...

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 11:44 AM   in response to: Acumen Disc in response to: Acumen Disc  
Click to report abuse...
I think this "dissatisfaction" is confusing to customers. Possibly she thought it just meant she didn't want the product. Remember, some of them can't even figure out how to leave feedback on a scale of 1-5.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
Waynes Books

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:55 AM   in response to: T.F.H in response to: T.F.H  
Click to report abuse...
The_Fashion_Hotel wrote:
When the Buyer contacted me through messaging to cancel the order as the size was too big, I responded back informing her than I have the smaller size available.

The buyer then said "great ".

I then sent her the link to the smaller size. She did not respond .

2 Days later I followed back saying if she was still interested and she responded " No thank you I think I'll pass :) ".

The next few days she puts me a negative.

I can't get any more 'customer service" than that.

I contact the Amazon Agent a few minutes ago and she informed me that unfortunately it cannot be removed but only I can view it so no harm in my metrics.

So that was it everyone.

That is truly messed up. Hopefully with enough complaints the metric will get fixed or, better, jettisoned altogether.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
T.F.H

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:38 AM   in response to: Waynes Books in response to: Waynes Books  
Click to report abuse...
When the Buyer contacted me through messaging to cancel the order as the size was too big, I responded back informing her than I have the smaller size available.

The buyer then said "great ".

I then sent her the link to the smaller size. She did not respond .

2 Days later I followed back saying if she was still interested and she responded " No thank you I think I'll pass :) ".

The next few days she puts me a negative.

I can't get any more 'customer service" than that.

I contact the Amazon Agent a few minutes ago and she informed me that unfortunately it cannot be removed but only I can view it so no harm in my metrics.

So that was it everyone.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Hit the Books

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:34 AM   in response to: MASTER SHAKE in response to: MASTER SHAKE  
Click to report abuse...
MASTER SHAKE wrote:
... This metric makes absolutely no sense and is an indicator of nothing.

^ Agreed.

Amazon hires the top programmers ...

^ Please provide proof.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1
T.F.H

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 11:09 AM   in response to: Waynes Books in response to: Waynes Books  
Click to report abuse...
I don't know what to say, you try to do your best and you get a negative :(
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
Rugsandlighting

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:21 AM   in response to: T.F.H in response to: T.F.H  
Click to report abuse...
Good lord that customer didn't leave negative yet.(so unfair and sometimes amazon wouldn't remove depending who gets the case). Cancelled order and dissatisfaction over what?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 3
Acumen Disc

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 11:16 AM   in response to: T.F.H in response to: T.F.H  
Click to report abuse...
As you pointed out, it's BETA at this moment.

Unfortunately it cannot be removed, it is just something for you to see and this feature's intention was making sellers to reassess if they can improve on their service.

We also have to keep in mind in that buyers usually think it is a survey and doesn't think it will affect us (yet).
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
Waynes Books

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:21 AM   in response to: T.F.H in response to: T.F.H  
Click to report abuse...
You don't say whether you did or not, but sending a reply message along with the act of cancellation is good customer service, and more personal, even something as simple as "No problem. Cancelled. -Wayne"

Amazon describes the metric as: "Customer Service Dissatisfaction Rate is the percentage of customers who are not satisfied with your responses in Buyer-Seller Messaging."

If you don't send a reply message to their Order Cancellation Request, some buyers will rate you negatively.

It's a flawed metric as already discussed on the boards, and this is another reason Amazon needs to re-work or ditch the metric.

-Wayne
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 6
Cosmic Cat Comics

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 10:31 AM   in response to: T.F.H in response to: T.F.H  
Click to report abuse...
It can be removed if you ask nicely
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 6
GoodSeller

Posted on: 17 Feb, 2017 9:17 AM   in response to: T.F.H in response to: T.F.H  
Click to report abuse...
The_Fashion_Hotel wrote:
Hello,

A Buyer purchased an item, then a few hours later sends me an email for me to cancel the order as it was the wrong size.

I cancelled it as per her request, today I see that she left me a "negative" on the Customer Dissatisfaction Rate.

I know it's under BETA but I don't like this negative, I did nothing wrong.

Can it be removed or will the agent informed me it's under Beta and not too worry?

NO
Thank you
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 11