Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Has anyone got this today? or its only me!
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 302 - Pages: 21 [ Previous | 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 | Next ] - Last Post: 19 Oct, 2016 5:50 PM by: Goodbye
Marth

Posted on: 03 Sep, 2016 1:38 PM   in response to: SC2 in response to: SC2  
Click to report abuse...
Serene Comfort wrote:
Hi - I spoke with someone from the Seller Support Prepaid Returns Team (seems to be US based) over the phone to get clarification on some questions I had. I was told that the email was just sent out to a relatively small group and does not apply to anyone else that has not received it yet. It is a test size group to work out the bugs and take suggestions. At a later time, that was not disclosed, it will roll out to everyone else.

Thank you for this information! Then maybe changes can be made in the policy before it is applied to booksellers. I have never heard of prepaid Priority labels being sent out by any company for returning books; it's ludicrous. As other small booksellers have already stated, this policy would be a make-or-break for selling on Amazon for some of us.

But even if Amazon broadened the policy and sent out prepaid Media Mail return labels, the weight they would use for creating the label would be a problem. Since booksellers use different methods of packaging that range from unpadded plastic envelopes (ugh!) to heavily-padded boxes, any weight shown on an Amazon page for a book is almost sure to be incorrect for at least some sellers.

It's just hard for me to imagine how this concept can work in the bookselling world. From what we've read so far, I'd say that this Seller Support "Prepaid Returns Team" is going to have to be HUGE (and well-trained!) to deal with the deluge of issues they'll inevitably be flooded with. It's a scary thought.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 2
Observer

Posted on: 03 Sep, 2016 1:45 PM   in response to: PrepFalls in response to: PrepFalls  
Click to report abuse...
It's been a while since I had to return anything to Amazon or FBA, so I'm wondering what kind of prepaid labels do they provide these days? It used to be UPS. Is that still the case?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 2
Caan

Posted on: 03 Sep, 2016 2:42 PM   in response to: Marth in response to: Marth  
Click to report abuse...
Marth wrote:
Serene Comfort wrote:
Hi - I spoke with someone from the Seller Support Prepaid Returns Team (seems to be US based) over the phone to get clarification on some questions I had. I was told that the email was just sent out to a relatively small group and does not apply to anyone else that has not received it yet. It is a test size group to work out the bugs and take suggestions. At a later time, that was not disclosed, it will roll out to everyone else.

Thank you for this information! Then maybe changes can be made in the policy before it is applied to booksellers. I have never heard of prepaid Priority labels being sent out by any company for returning books; it's ludicrous. As other small booksellers have already stated, this policy would be a make-or-break for selling on Amazon for some of us.

But even if Amazon broadened the policy and sent out prepaid Media Mail return labels, the weight they would use for creating the label would be a problem. Since booksellers use different methods of packaging that range from unpadded plastic envelopes (ugh!) to heavily-padded boxes, any weight shown on an Amazon page for a book is almost sure to be incorrect for at least some sellers.

It's just hard for me to imagine how this concept can work in the bookselling world. From what we've read so far, I'd say that this Seller Support "Prepaid Returns Team" is going to have to be HUGE (and well-trained!) to deal with the deluge of issues they'll inevitably be flooded with. It's a scary thought.

I suspect book sellers will qualify for an exception if they don't offer Media Mail prepaid labels for media that qualifies to be shipped this way.

Thinking about it, a weight of the item alone would be best for using as the weight for a prepaid label. If the package is heavier with the packaging included and that makes it go over the return label weight, it should still be returned and come with postage due or the overage will be charged to the account upon delivery.

I'm not sure how USPS works but other couriers will charge your account upon delivery when you sign for the return. If you don't have an account, you have to pay upon delivery.

In this case, the return will be linked to Amazon's account so if there is an overage, it will likely be charged to their account and, in turn, charged to you.

This could be advantageous if the return is declared underweight because not all underweight packages are caught by the courier.

At this point, with the Priority returns, the only items that will have an issue are ones that are near the top end of each weight range eg. 4.5 lbs, 9.5 lbs, 19.5 lbs, etc.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 3
The Lunatick Fi...

Posted on: 03 Sep, 2016 2:56 PM   in response to: Eastern Peace F... in response to: Eastern Peace F...  
Click to report abuse...
Eastern Peace Forever ∞ wrote:
The Lunatick Fire and EMS Store wrote:
You would think after 16 pages of mostly unanswered questions about unclear policy that maybe, just maybe a MOD might say something helpful.
You might think that that.

However, mods don't have the authority to comment on Amazon policy, especially something as new as this. They probably haven't been briefed on it themselves yet.

They comment when they are allowed.

Trust me, they are watching this thread like a hawk, and your grievances are noted. However, the policy won't be rescinded, only tweaked a bit if they do anything.

So again you would think they would comment something to the effect they are aware and are passing on our concerns as some mods have done in the past.

Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 2
bustedmouse

Posted on: 03 Sep, 2016 3:45 PM   in response to: Wespotpourii in response to: Wespotpourii  
Click to report abuse...
Wespotpourii wrote:
Why do they do these types of changes right at the start of the holiday busy season? And, most sellers still have not received this email. This is the time of year when sellers are preparing for the holiday season and now Amazon DUMPS another change on us the we have to adjust our business to. This is the type of change that they should have done during a slower time of year so sellers can get used to their new rules. Starting to hate this venue more and more each day.

Because they can and we'll bitch and moan but still deal with it.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
bustedmouse

Posted on: 03 Sep, 2016 3:46 PM   in response to: PrepFalls in response to: PrepFalls  
Click to report abuse...
THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER
Was this reply helpful? Yes 12   No 2
Warbourton

Posted on: 03 Sep, 2016 7:40 PM   in response to: Observer in response to: Observer  
Click to report abuse...
I recently had to return a 3rd Party FBA item and I was issued a pre-paid UPS label.

The label didn't give the option for free UPS pick up so I had to take it a UPS store (I used Staples) or pay for pick up.

Once UPS made their initial scan upon picking the box up from Staples I was refunded my money and sent a message stating that if the return item differs from item I purchased that Amazon will recharge my cc.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 4
GlennS@SellerSu...

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2016 10:46 AM   in response to: PrepFalls in response to: PrepFalls  
Click to report abuse...
Greetings Everyone,

Thank you so much for your comments and concerns regarding this thread. I understand your concerns regarding the new Prepaid Return Labels program. As discussed, this program provides buyers with the ability to request prepaid return labels. I reached out to leadership to get information on this and now have some information to share with you to provide clarification.

1) This program only currently applies to sellers who have received an e-mail regarding the program. No actions are required if you have not received the program e-mail. If you have received an e-mail, the program is scheduled to begin 11/1/2016.
2) As a professional seller, you can request an exemption from prepaid returns for any product that meets one of the following guidelines:

• Products have special shipping or handling requirements (e.g. dangerous goods)
• You have less expensive shipping rates for specific products
• Items are non-returnable by law
• The item’s cost is lower than the cost of return shipping
• High-valued items you have listed need special shipping (e.g. requiring special shipping insurance)
• It is a non-physical item (e.g. warranties, digital software, digital coupons)

You will be able to request an exemption on any number of SKUS, however you will only be able to request this on 50,000 SKUs at a time. Additional requests will need separate exemption templates. You will begin to be able to request exemptions beginning 10/1/2016.

3) If at any time you need to appeal a prepaid return, you can request an appeal by reaching out to the Prepaid Returns Appeal team via the e-mail prepaid-returns-appeals@amazon.com. This appeal is between you and Amazon, and as such should not impact your buyer in any way.

Thank you so much for your understanding. If you have any additional questions or concerns please reach out again. I hope you all have a lovely day.

-Glenn S.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 14   No 4
Uncle Leroy

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2016 11:54 AM   in response to: GlennS@SellerSu... in response to: GlennS@SellerSu...  
Click to report abuse...
Thank you for some official clarification on this.

Hopefully, you can understand seller's concerns over this entire program and process of implementation when Amazon decides to email only certain sellers about new "programs", provides no overall information to everyone for clarification and when it actually does provide "clarification" through seller support, the "clarification" is as clear as mud and stinky as... well.... I'll not fill in the blanks. I don't want you to have to edit my post :)
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 1
baer

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2016 12:04 PM   in response to: GlennS@SellerSu... in response to: GlennS@SellerSu...  
Click to report abuse...
GlennS@SellerSupport wrote:
Greetings Everyone,

Thank you so much for your comments and concerns regarding this thread. I understand your concerns regarding the new Prepaid Return Labels program. As discussed, this program provides buyers with the ability to request prepaid return labels. I reached out to leadership to get information on this and now have some information to share with you to provide clarification.

1) This program only currently applies to sellers who have received an e-mail regarding the program. No actions are required if you have not received the program e-mail. If you have received an e-mail, the program is scheduled to begin 11/1/2016.
2) As a professional seller, you can request an exemption from prepaid returns for any product that meets one of the following guidelines:

• Products have special shipping or handling requirements (e.g. dangerous goods)
• High-valued items you have listed need special shipping (e.g. requiring special shipping insurance)
• It is a non-physical item (e.g. warranties, digital software, digital coupons)

You will be able to request an exemption on any number of SKUS, however you will only be able to request this on 50,000 SKUs at a time. Additional requests will need separate exemption templates. You will begin to be able to request exemptions beginning 10/1/2016.

3) If at any time you need to appeal a prepaid return, you can request an appeal by reaching out to the Prepaid Returns Appeal team via the e-mail prepaid-returns-appeals@amazon.com. This appeal is between you and Amazon, and as such should not impact your buyer in any way.

Thank you so much for your understanding. If you have any additional questions or concerns please reach out again. I hope you all have a lovely day.

-Glenn S.

Thank you for your reply - much appreciated!

Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 2
Faery Nice Things

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2016 1:15 PM   in response to: GlennS@SellerSu... in response to: GlennS@SellerSu...  
Click to report abuse...
"1) This program only currently applies to sellers who have received an e-mail regarding the program. No actions are required if you have not received the program e-mail. If you have received an e-mail, the program is scheduled to begin 11/1/2016."

Will this Email go to our Seller Central or personal email?

I would like to see it in my Seller Central Emails to be sure of where it comes from.

If sellers are concerned whether it is real or not, it looks as though it goes through to personal/business email and not seller central.

Please advise.

Thank you!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
GlennS@SellerSu...

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2016 2:31 PM   in response to: Faery Nice Things in response to: Faery Nice Things  
Click to report abuse...
Greetings Faery Nice Things,

Thank you so much for reaching out for clarification. If you received the e-mail, it should be delivered to the e-mail associated with your Amazon Seller Account. This message will not appear as a case or Seller Central message but only as a standard e-mail at this time. Thank you so much for your understanding. If you have any additional questions or concerns please reach out again. I hope you have a lovely day.

-Glenn S.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
hwalsh_books

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2016 2:54 PM   in response to: PrepFalls in response to: PrepFalls  
Click to report abuse...
got it about a week ago - sad sad day
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
bidonmine

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2016 4:04 PM   in response to: PrepFalls in response to: PrepFalls  
Click to report abuse...
90% of what I sell is under $20. I usually just refund and tell the person to keep the item. It is easy and the customer has to do nothing else, which prevents negatives. I have not yet had any buyer abuse this. I get less than 1% returns a year.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 4
The Lunatick Fi...

Posted on: 11 Sep, 2016 4:15 PM   in response to: GlennS@SellerSu... in response to: GlennS@SellerSu...  
Click to report abuse...
While I appreciate a mod finally responding all you did was clarify 1 out of a few dozen issues.

For those of us that have not received the e-mail it is a relief to know that we will not be a part of this fiasco...........yet.

As for the rest all you did was quote the help pages, which we have all asked for clarification on.

And again 17 pages and 11 days to get an official response.

GlennS@SellerSupport wrote:
Greetings Everyone,

-Glenn S.

Was this reply helpful? Yes 12   No 0