Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Order Management, Shipping, Feedback & Returns

Thread: Sellers spamming buyers begging feedback with emails
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 20 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 23 Feb, 2016 8:26 AM by: pdsloss
flyinghouse

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 8:24 AM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
pdsloss wrote:
This will be call number 6 to Amazon but I will try one last time. Amazon has been great in the past for any problems and there have not been many, even with the large amount of items I buy. This is the only one I can't get handled.

I am extremely confused about what a phone call to amazon will accomplish here.

Barb

P.S. I agree that I hate being spammed for feedback. I am just confused by this thread.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
f b a

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 9:12 AM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
pdsloss wrote:
It is hard to believe that people think this is a non issue. Some have even suggested I get a separate email account to handle Amazon requests...really? Some of my purchases have 7 items and most are for my businesses along with a few books. Many times the 7 items are not from the same seller so I am ready to go nuts with these unwanted emails. I have tried to be nice, tried to get Amazon to turn it off, but now I am giving 1 star reviews and saying why. Some people do not seem to mind all the emails but I am running 7 businesses and would like to stop this.

I see no way to do it with Amazon so I will hit the people who think this is OK...it is not. I like the feedback system to check things out but I do leave feedback on things I find really nice. To badger people will bring out the more negative reviews where someone might just not have said anything. I think it should be someone's choice to leave it or not though, not be bombarded with spam.

Blame Amazon too.

They still put into the review email to New Seller and/or small sellers that they should request feedback from buyers during the review.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
f b a

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 9:13 AM   in response to: flyinghouse in response to: flyinghouse  
Click to report abuse...
flyinghouse wrote:
pdsloss wrote:
This will be call number 6 to Amazon but I will try one last time. Amazon has been great in the past for any problems and there have not been many, even with the large amount of items I buy. This is the only one I can't get handled.

I am extremely confused about what a phone call to amazon will accomplish here.

Barb

P.S. I agree that I hate being spammed for feedback. I am just confused by this thread.

The OP should tell Amazon to take out the reference to feedbacks and requesting feedback when they send out the seller review notification emails.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
pdsloss

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 10:25 AM   in response to: f b a in response to: f b a  
Click to report abuse...
It appears this phone call may do something. They are supposed to call me back Monday.

In the mean time, I accepted Amazon's invitation and am now a pro seller and this will not happen to any of my customers. It is the sellers that are sending these customized emails and they are allowed to send only one time. I have received up to 3 from one seller and it appears they can get in trouble for that. I do not receive any emails from the smarter sellers and I appreciate that.

I am hoping they can figure out how to put an opt out selection for customers. This appears to be an epidemic coming from all companies you order from now so the emails mount up to large numbers of unwanted spam if one makes a lot of online orders. I hope sellers start realizing this.

Thanks for everyone who tried to help.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1
jhnnsbstnbch

Posted on: 20 Feb, 2016 4:41 PM   in response to: pdsloss in response to: pdsloss  
Click to report abuse...
pdsloss wrote:
I think the more people who leave this kind of message, maybe the more sellers will understand the emails are not well received by many people.

Ah, to be young and full of hope! ;)
pdsloss

Posted on: 23 Feb, 2016 8:26 AM   in response to: jhnnsbstnbch in response to: jhnnsbstnbch  
Click to report abuse...
Not sure about young but I was full of hope. ha ha Amazon called as promised with just a little mistake...it was the Kindle department! I gave up on this question since I was way too busy setting up my own store. I asked to be transferred to the handmade department. So 4 tries later I got someone who was not near as informed as the person who welcomed me to the pro seller platform. I was told when I got to the tax and shipping part, I should call them back so they could help set it up. I am wondering if Amazon is having growing pains? So, I had to figure out the tax and shipping by myself. I did also see where these feedback emails come from. Amazon says to improve your feedback you can generate this email. This is not the best idea depending on the feedback they want. It is probably not a problem for people who only get a few of these emails, just the high volume ones. I for one will not be using this feature. It appears this will not be solved until Amazon offers the buyers an opt out feature or stops allowing sellers to send these emails. I know I don't have the time to waste on getting transferred around anymore.