Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Amazon Seller Community Archive » Amazon Webstore » Amazon Webstore

Thread: Amazon Webstore Closing
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 39 - Pages: 3 [ 1 2 3 | Next ] - Last Post: 19 Feb, 2016 11:34 AM by: Boardgames4Us
Leviton Manufac...

Posted on: 17 Mar, 2015 5:29 AM  
Click to report abuse...
We are a pretty big partner of Amazon and we were just told yesterday that Amazon Webstore is closing down as of 6/1/16. Did anyone else hear this from Amazon? I didn't get any of the details but wanted confirmation from someone else.
Is this a helpful question? Yes 2   No
39 Replies
Sort replies by:
Hirt's Gardens ...

Posted on: 17 Mar, 2015 5:44 AM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
Yes, we got the same call yesterday.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1
Leviton Manufac...

Posted on: 17 Mar, 2015 5:52 AM   in response to: Hirt's Gardens ... in response to: Hirt's Gardens ...  
Click to report abuse...
The thing I don't understand is why would Amazon leave money on the table? They are using a backend that works and all they are dong for us is processing the credit card. Why walk away from that since they are using existing systems? When will it be announced publicly? What are people's migration plans?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Wheeling Truck ...

Posted on: 17 Mar, 2015 6:04 AM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
Yes, we received this call yesterday also.

I'm also very interested in what others plan for conversion to a new platform.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
Leviton Manufac...

Posted on: 17 Mar, 2015 6:07 AM   in response to: Wheeling Truck ... in response to: Wheeling Truck ...  
Click to report abuse...
Why wouldn't Amazon post something publicly at this point since partners have now been notified. Why allow users to sign up or even worse market publicly to attract new people if it is going away in 14 months?
Idaho Camera

Posted on: 17 Mar, 2015 10:20 AM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
Yes we heard the same Webstore closing July 2016. Anyone want to recommend a comparable replacement?
Boardgames4Us

Posted on: 17 Mar, 2015 5:19 PM   in response to: Idaho Camera in response to: Idaho Camera  
Click to report abuse...
There should be a few out there. They might not be "comparable", but they should support Amazon Payments and FBA.

I used to use 3D Cart, before going to Webstore. It used the API for FBA and Payments.

Dave
Boardgames4Us

Posted on: 17 Mar, 2015 5:21 PM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
I expect that they will not accept new requests for Webstore any more. The contact with existing customers is a courtesy before they go public. They will probably also be in touch with third party support service providers.

You would not want your major website (for a large company) to find out from shareholders who saw a public announcement.

It should be better this way.

Dave
ShopifyMac

Posted on: 19 Mar, 2015 7:09 AM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
removed

Edited by: Lauren@SellerSupport on Mar 19, 2015 8:09 AM

Edited to remove commercial content such as advertising, promotions, or solicitations, and outside URL
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 1
Scott H

Posted on: 19 Mar, 2015 7:23 AM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
I just got my notice this morning. I am absolutely blindsided...

Within the last 2 weeks we just FINALLY completed an absolutely agonizing 3-4 months of porting our previous solution to using Amazon Webstore for 3 different storefronts.

After losing literally 6 figures in sales during the port from our previous solution to Amazon, we just got things cranking the last few days and I get this notice.

I need a drink, or three.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 9   No 0
SellerPower

Posted on: 19 Mar, 2015 7:29 AM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
My humble opinion is that amazon is about to buy out Shopify, who is the preferred go-to ecommerce provider for webstore owners
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
SellerPower

Posted on: 19 Mar, 2015 7:30 AM   in response to: ShopifyMac in response to: ShopifyMac  
Click to report abuse...

Edited by: YogaClothingForYou on Mar 19, 2015 7:31 AM
CWK

Posted on: 19 Mar, 2015 8:22 AM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
Sad thing for us is we just signed up at beginning of year and just paid our web designer a chunk of change to get it ready and now we will be closing it....UGGG!!!!X-(
Flynn

Posted on: 19 Mar, 2015 9:28 AM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
Is Amazon going to discount the webstore back to FREE if your a professional seller? I think this is fair since charging people isn't justified due to the migration costs. This would be good PR as well.

Personally I guess its not a disaster since I just need to "add another channel". It will take me a month of work to migrate to another ecommerce channel.

I'm currently testing sellbright multi-channel fulfillment integration with autoMCF (FBA orders) so I hope I can recover and migrate to a new ecommerce channel without headache. I have 2000+ skus to migrate.

Anyone have opinions about these three below?

Shopify
Bigcommerce
Magento

Thanks
Jeffery78

Posted on: 19 Mar, 2015 10:28 AM   in response to: Leviton Manufac... in response to: Leviton Manufac...  
Click to report abuse...
what exactly does this mean. i sell on amazon, willthis affect me?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 3