Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Bogus policy warning about copyright infringement
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 23 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 13 Jul, 2017 11:13 AM by: Sellsome
Sellsome

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 5:00 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Woke up to this beautiful email this morning. We don't even sell on U.K. website and never ever sold the asin's mentioned. This thing is out of control here. Never in life had a policy warning and got this bogus one. How are folks getting these expunged

Hello,

We are contacting you because we received a report of copyright infringement from the rights owner listed below. Sellers on Amazon.co.uk are not allowed to create listings or detail pages that infringe copyright.

We removed the content listed at the end of this email. We may let you list this content again if we receive a retraction of the complaint from the rights owner. Their contact information can be found below.

• Flurim
    • fluriramadani

If the rights owner agrees to retract their complaint, they must send the retraction to us at notice-dispute@amazon.co.uk.

If you believe that the reported content does not infringe the rights owner’s copyright, you may email notice-dispute@amazon.co.uk with supporting information.

We consider allegations of intellectual property infringement a serious matter and your account is under review. If we receive more complaints about your listings, we may not allow you to sell on Amazon.co.uk.

To learn more about this policy, search for "Intellectual Property Violations" in Seller Central Help.

ASIN: B073WT8BS9, B073RXFWCJ
Title: N/A
Infringement type: Copyright

Edited by: Sellsome on Jul 13, 2017 5:00 AM

Edited by: Sellsome on Jul 13, 2017 5:00 AM
Is this a helpful question? Yes 1   No
23 Replies
Sort replies by:
MAV-DAK

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 5:37 AM   in response to: Sellsome in response to: Sellsome  
I would simply email notice-dispute@amazon.co.uk and let them know for this complaint number, there is nothing linking your account to these products.
  • Do not and have never had a seller account on the amazon.co.uk website
  • Do not and have never sold the brands Flurim or fluriramadani
  • Do not and have never sold the ASINs B073WT8BS9, B073RXFWCJ
We ask you review your records, our account and the complaint to confirm these facts and retract this complaint on those grounds or provide the evidence linking our US seller account to these brands on the UK Amazon site.

Thank you for your time and we await your response to our request.

Something like that should suffice.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 13   No 0
Sellsome

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 5:48 AM   in response to: MAV-DAK in response to: MAV-DAK  
Thanks Mav. The point is why is Amazon letting this through. Sellers put their everything into building and running a business and couple of such bogus complains could undo all of our hardwork and investments!

I have read similar threads but I had no idea I will get a complain from different marketplace for products we don't even sell
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
scottegos2

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 6:09 AM   in response to: Sellsome in response to: Sellsome  
FWIW, I got the very same annoying email and policy notice.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
MAV-DAK

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 6:14 AM   in response to: Sellsome in response to: Sellsome  
Definatly appears to be an error on Amazon's side since now a third seller has reported the same email violation this morning:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=358098&tstart=0
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
MAV-DAK

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 6:15 AM   in response to: Sellsome in response to: Sellsome  
Sellsome wrote:
Thanks Mav. The point is why is Amazon letting this through. Sellers put their everything into building and running a business and couple of such bogus complains could undo all of our hardwork and investments!
This is why you need to respond. If/When Amazon concludes this was in error, they will simply remove the complaint themselves so you have no impact to your selling account.
Debranator

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 6:17 AM   in response to: MAV-DAK in response to: MAV-DAK  
Do these accounts have the red flag on the top?
I ask as this looks more like phishing than an actual amazon Violation.
I had something similar last week...and it was phishing.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1
CabinFeverBooks

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 6:26 AM   in response to: Sellsome in response to: Sellsome  
Bots Gone Wild...
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 5
adam3914

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 6:46 AM   in response to: CabinFeverBooks in response to: CabinFeverBooks  
I got the same bogus email today
missdatagirl

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 6:53 AM   in response to: Sellsome in response to: Sellsome  
We got something similar too
omnimedicus

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 6:56 AM   in response to: Sellsome in response to: Sellsome  
Got one too.
Charles Farrah

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 7:00 AM   in response to: Sellsome in response to: Sellsome  
I got same one. I just got off phone. So it is not a bogus 'spoof' email. It came from Amazon. So my guess is that Amazon got hacked.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
Charles Farrah

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 7:01 AM   in response to: Debranator in response to: Debranator  
It came from Amazon.
lwhite05

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 7:07 AM   in response to: Sellsome in response to: Sellsome  
I also received this e-mail. I'm not a big seller, having only sold a few items over several years. So, while it doesn't concern me too much as it won't affect my livelihood, it does concern me that this is happening at all. How did someone get my information to put this bogus claim against my account? It's a little nerve-wracking.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
Sellsome

Posted on: 13 Jul, 2017 7:18 AM   in response to: Debranator in response to: Debranator  
Yes these came from Amazon. I actually found it after navigating through the red flag. I have had that stupid 1 red notification forever telling me to get ready for the prime day that just wont go away. And this morning it went up to two!

Amazon: prime day has come and gone. You got the sales, our sales took a beating since you took all their money. Now please remove the red notification!

Edited by: Sellsome on Jul 13, 2017 7:19 AM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0