Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Who are these scammers?
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 27 Dec, 2016 10:08 PM by: Unique Fashion ...
Soft Sell

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 9:53 AM  
Click to report abuse...
I-SHOPPER STORE, i-Shopper Store, and CONTACT OUR AGENT BEFORE ORDER primeshop233 (A-T) GMAIL COM.

They have been up and down 4 times at least in the last two weeks. How can they keep opening duplicate accounts? They say to contact them before placing an order which they should be suspended for all in itself. They are selling thousands of high end items and items with crazy high and low prices. If an Amazon Customer contacts these thieves and gets their credit card info stolen or worse who is to blame?

For instance this is an Asurion 4 year protection plan on a kitchen item with a value of up to 74.99 they are selling it both new and used for $400.00 & $483.00!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01M0CPWCG
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01M0OBBC8

Here is another of theirs just launched under a different name.

CONTACT OUR AGENT BEFORE ORDER primeshop233 (A-T) GMAIL COM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01M0OBBC8

This is just nuts coming into the Holiday buying period.
Is this a helpful question? Yes 8   No
12 Replies
Sort replies by:
Killing Time

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 10:04 AM   in response to: Soft Sell in response to: Soft Sell  
Click to report abuse...
They are just one of many in a long list of scammers...there has been many posts recently.....the problem appears to be getting much worse.

I just can't figure out who would fall for the scam? Is it greed or lack of intelligence or a combination of both?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 0
Soft Sell

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 10:16 AM   in response to: Killing Time in response to: Killing Time  
Click to report abuse...
These are the same ones that were in the forums in the beginning of the week and last week too.

They keep populating new accounts with thousands of items. Some of the high end items are listed at huge discounts so inevitably some Amazon customers will get sucked in thinking Amazon is a secure marketplace and they are getting a bargain.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 7   No 1
HDMS

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 10:21 AM   in response to: Soft Sell in response to: Soft Sell  
Click to report abuse...
Another seller actually contacted one of them to see exactly how they work the scam. Here is the post.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=319524&start=0&tstart=0&sortBy=date
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
Hit the Books

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 10:28 AM   in response to: HDMS in response to: HDMS  
Click to report abuse...
HDMS wrote:
Another seller actually contacted one of them to see exactly how they work the scam. Here is the post.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=319524&start=0&tstart=0&sortBy=date

Long story short, in the above example, the scammer instructed the "buyer" to purchase Amazon gift cards at a retail store and then provide the gift card numbers to the scammer as payment. Of course, it won't be a payment, but a handing over of the gift card number to a thief, who has now stolen it, presumably to buy something on Amazon they can monetize, or perhaps to sell to someone else.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
Soft Sell

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 10:35 AM   in response to: Hit the Books in response to: Hit the Books  
Click to report abuse...
Hit the Books wrote:
HDMS wrote:

Long story short, in the above example, the scammer instructed the "buyer" to purchase Amazon gift cards at a retail store and then provide the gift card numbers to the scammer as payment. Of course, it won't be a payment, but a handing over of the gift card number to a thief, who has now stolen it, presumably to buy something on Amazon they can monetize, or perhaps to sell to someone else.

Wow Amazon has been playing wack a mole with these scammers for at least 6 weeks going by the attached link.

My sales on the product that shows up in their offers is down significantly. It could be a lot of people are getting sucked into this scam.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Soft Sell

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 12:40 PM   in response to: Hit the Books in response to: Hit the Books  
Click to report abuse...
THIS FRIDAY ONLY!!~CONTACT!! ORDERS(AT) I-SHOPPER.US ~~ WITH ASIN!!BEFORE ORDER

Are they going to change this on tens of thousands of items tomorrow?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
D.G Fine Arts P...

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 6:51 PM   in response to: Soft Sell in response to: Soft Sell  
Click to report abuse...
They are selling under my original paintings that are only one of a kind for unreasonable price and Amazon is not doing anything about it. I contact them for a week and they remove them every day and they still come back after few hours. If Amazon will not resolve this issue, I'll have to stop selling here because it hurts my business and my artist. You can see here for example that my painting goes for $1,500 and they sell it for $500. It's really funny because it's only one of a kind painting and my name is written on the certificate of authenticity. I guess I am not the only one with this issue. Such a shame that they don't solve this problem because both sellers and Amazon are losing money. https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01LZ950YP/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
PolartVideoUSA

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 8:50 PM   in response to: Soft Sell in response to: Soft Sell  
Click to report abuse...
These are multiple fraudulent seller accounts that the only goal is to take customer money and give nothing in return. I'm reporting several of them daily to Amazon, as they're listing in my categories, staining the actual sellers offers (sometimes three or four on single ASIN). Amazon is "disabling" some of them, but they're reappearing again and again.
And I report them again...

Edited by: PolartVideoUSA on Nov 18, 2016 8:50 PM
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
Saloomd

Posted on: 18 Nov, 2016 9:26 PM   in response to: Soft Sell in response to: Soft Sell  
Click to report abuse...
{Content Removed}

Edited by: GlennS@SellerSupport on Nov 20, 2016 3:13 PM
Multiple posts of the same content on multiple Threads. Multiple posts such as this is prohibited.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 9
Killing Time

Posted on: 19 Nov, 2016 2:18 PM   in response to: Saloomd in response to: Saloomd  
Click to report abuse...
Killing Time wrote:
I just can't figure out who would fall for the scam? Is it greed or lack of intelligence or a combination of both?

I asked....you answered.....thank you
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
Vertigo Interio...

Posted on: 21 Nov, 2016 10:19 AM   in response to: Soft Sell in response to: Soft Sell  
Click to report abuse...
They have attached themselves to all my listings too! Amazon doesn't want to help the rule abiding sellers!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1
Unique Fashion ...

Posted on: 27 Dec, 2016 10:08 PM   in response to: D.G Fine Arts P... in response to: D.G Fine Arts P...  
Click to report abuse...
I design mousepads and it takes about two weeks and I see joining my sales page sellers that links back to a Chinese website. I have bundled with mouse pads with stickers that are related to the mouse pads and the stickers are only produced here in the United States. Once they join the sale I report to Amazon they remove them but in a short time they are back – and in a short time I report them and in a short time they are back. ( I could go on for another 100 times ) I really wish Amazon would do something about this they undercut the price with lower quality and not give the other products with the mouse pads. The stickers are licensed products only made here. What a pain in the-- well you know
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0