Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: What is the best Repricer?
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 18 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 03 Jun, 2015 6:14 PM by: Trending America
Trending America

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 8:58 AM  
Click to report abuse...
I see there are several Repricer companies. Is one better than the other, who is most reputable and is one program easier than another?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
18 Replies
Sort replies by:
Books-Online

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 9:40 AM   in response to: Trending America in response to: Trending America  
Click to report abuse...
What I like about RepriceIt (and maybe all repricers do this) is that it lets you run the repricing without actually making any changes to your items. It will just show you what its proposing to do. Then you can tweek your settings, and make adjustments, run it again, and keep repeating that until you like the results. Once you like the results, you can apply those price changes to Amazon.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
doubled727

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 10:13 AM   in response to: Trending America in response to: Trending America  
Click to report abuse...
You are
Was this reply helpful? Yes 29   No 12
UsedElectronics...

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 10:22 AM   in response to: doubled727 in response to: doubled727  
Click to report abuse...
You are

Beat me to it.....
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 11
c&a...

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 10:31 AM   in response to: Trending America in response to: Trending America  
Click to report abuse...
repricer kill bussines for everyone kills profits and drive prices to 1 cent don't do it
Was this reply helpful? Yes 16   No 28
Rivergoat

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 10:37 AM   in response to: Trending America in response to: Trending America  
Click to report abuse...
Sellery by Seller Engine has very unique applications for repricing. I used Appeagle for 2 years and made the switch to Sellery. I have been happy with the decision ever since. It is a little on the 'high price' side but worth it if you have a lot of listings with volatile competition.

Anyone who says that repricers are dangerous if forgotten about or set to 'autopilot' must have a very risky method of running their business.
Would you set other aspect of business to autopilot and expect 0 problems??

Repricers, much like most software services are susceptible to glitches and failures that may cost you a lot of money.
Do your research and find credible services.

You are the best repricer, as other have pointed out. But you're also one person with 24 hours in the day just like the rest of us.
Repricers can assist you, dont assist the repricer.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 0
Rivergoat

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 10:42 AM   in response to: c&a... in response to: c&a...  
Click to report abuse...
This advice would be for anyone who cannot understand how to manage their repricer from avoiding this problem.
Setting a repricer to avoid the 'penny-wars' or 'the race to the bottom' takes thought, brainpower and patients; virtues not found in many people.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 4
Sagemaiden

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 10:47 AM   in response to: Trending America in response to: Trending America  
Click to report abuse...
Sellery is the only one we have seen that allows for a large number of business rules to account for all the different decision that need to be made.

We used it and were happy. Now we use None, our price is our price.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
bob

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 10:48 AM   in response to: Trending America in response to: Trending America
Helpful
Click to report abuse...
All companies repricers will help you easily & effectively bring prices down to almost no profit against competition with similar repricers. And nothing you can do nothing about competitors who bring down their prices temporarily to then buy you out. AVOID unless you are a huge company that makes money in volume or doesn't care about such things.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 8
Trending America

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 10:51 AM   in response to: bob in response to: bob  
Click to report abuse...
Thank you to all that have offered their experience.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
49 monkeys

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 11:09 AM   in response to: Trending America in response to: Trending America  
Click to report abuse...
About repricing....

I have used SellerEngine Plus for many years (from the same people who offer Sellery, which is too steep for me). It does everything I need for about $50 a month. It is a Software as Service program that resides on your computer and churns through repricing calculations at an pretty good clip. I typically reprice around 1,200 items in less than ten minutes, pretty much around the clock. Customer service is excellent.

Decisions can be made on a wide variety of parameters, including both New and Used current prices, popularity, number of sellers, ratings of sellers, your COGS, etc, etc, etc. You can set maximum and minimum prices for each item. Minimum pricing is important to avoid the "race to a penny" and to lessen the chances of a bad mistake being made -- like unwittingly losing money on a sale. With a bit of practice, you can replicate just about any set of "rules" you would have used if you were doing it yourself.

Having said that, there are some real issues you need to understand and take into account.

SellerEngine, like most repricers, relies on the Amazon data feed. In busy and highly competitive categories like books, CDs and DVDs (where I sell), the Amazon data feed is incomplete and can lead to some VERY misleading pricing decisions. This comes about from the fact that Amazon reports only a limited number of results for each item. If there are too many results, Amazon will throw out a few. Ugh!

So, you will find that you need to be very creative in determining ways to estimate what the real used prices are from the partial data you are presented. It takes some squinting, but you can learn to guess close enough to be competitive.

I would most strongly recommend that before using a repricer you examine how prices are determined on Amazon. What does it take to win the Buy Box? (Yes, I know the formula for that is a secret, but by observing a number of listings in your categories, you can get a pretty good idea of what it will take to share the Buy Box.) How do prices of Used items compare with the prices for the same item in New condition? Etc, etc, etc.

And after you begin using a repricer, I recommend that you examine each actual sale you make and determine whether it was sold at a reasonable price or not. This will build your confidence in the system.

Seller Engine offers a free trial, so download it and play with it. You can run all manner of scenarios without actually telling it to upload the calculated price changes to Amazon. When you are satisfied, then out it in automatic and let it rip.

Good luck!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 1
SELLC

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 11:15 AM   in response to: Trending America in response to: Trending America  
Click to report abuse...
All of them will take your money in one form or another, but the reality is, YOU are the best repricer.

YOU buy the inventory, YOU set your profit margin, YOU know all the on-line cots associated with the item, and YOU know the shipping costs. Then you want to contribute to a software vendor's profit, by buying a product which takes your profit and turns it into a loosing downward spiral.

Give it some more thought.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 9
Bellabacci Inc

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 11:22 AM   in response to: SELLC in response to: SELLC  
Click to report abuse...
wasnt it repriceit that because of a software glitch, repriced all their users listing to .01 on amazon, and cost sellers obscene amounts of money at xmas time?

sounds too scary to me.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 3
MASTER SHAKE

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 11:23 AM   in response to: Trending America in response to: Trending America  
Click to report abuse...
the best repricer is you.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 9
eleeper-amaz

Posted on: 03 Jun, 2015 11:29 AM   in response to: Bellabacci Inc in response to: Bellabacci Inc  
Click to report abuse...
No, that was Repricer Express.

Did anyone ever see any sort of follow-up story about how many business went under because of that?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0