Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Fulfillment By Amazon » FBA Orders and Customer Service

Thread: how long does Amazon hold an item in "Reserve" for a customer?
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17 Apr, 2015 10:56 AM by: BookDiamond
BookDiamond

Posted on: 14 Apr, 2015 11:44 AM  
Click to report abuse...
I am an FBA seller and have had a few items in Reserve status for about a month or longer. They are expensive items and would like to get them back into my inventory so they can sell to someone else. Does anyone know how long amazon holds an item in reserve for a customer? Thanks!
Is this a helpful question? Yes 2   No
3 Replies
Sort replies by:
Red-tailed Hawk...

Posted on: 14 Apr, 2015 3:01 PM   in response to: BookDiamond in response to: BookDiamond
Helpful
Click to report abuse...
I'll direct you to this thread

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/click.jspa?searchID=4791718&messageID=3102190#3102190

You can follow the directions in it to find out why those items are sitting in reserve.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 1
Scotty@SellerSu...

Posted on: 15 Apr, 2015 1:36 PM   in response to: BookDiamond in response to: BookDiamond
Helpful
Click to report abuse...
Hi there, BookDiamond.

Thanks for reaching out to Seller Forums with your question.

I appreciate your interest in understanding what causes reserved status of your FBA inventory units. Here are a few of the most common reasons for Units being reserved:

-Units are tied to a pending order (most common reason and generally is only a few days, but, some cases, our payment and order detail verification processes may potentially extend order processing times for as long as 21 days.)

-Units are being picked, packed, or shipped for a current order

-Units are tied to a fulfillment center process. Fulfillment center processes include: dimension and weight measurement, hazardous material check, and fulfillment center transfer.

You can also view the status of reserved inventory units via Reserved Inventory Reports at:

Reports > Fulfillment > Reserved Inventory(beneath the Inventory header).

Generally, reserved status only lasts a matter of a few days, as units that are tied to pending orders sometimes await payment approval, and units being shipped between fulfillment centers require shipping time. But please do feel free to contact Seller Support if you find items are in reserved for an extended period of time and we will be more than happy to look into it.

Once again, thank you for posting here in Seller Forums. It's a pleasure getting to assist you and I hope you've got an excellent Wednesday ahead of you!

-Scotty
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1
BookDiamond

Posted on: 17 Apr, 2015 10:56 AM   in response to: BookDiamond in response to: BookDiamond  
Click to report abuse...
Thanks for your answers. It was very helpful.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1