Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Question Regarding Restricted Categories.
Thread Archived This thread has been archived - replies are not allowed.

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 01 Sep, 2014 7:38 AM by: O.L.D. Books
KreatDayKratom

Posted on: 30 Aug, 2014 7:03 PM  
Click to report abuse...
Hello,
I put up a few listings to sell kratom. After the listing was taken down, I found out that Amazon has kratom on a restricted list. But I notice that there are many other listings for this same product that do not get removed. I am wondering if anyone knows how some listings by other sellers for the same product are not removed but mine is? I know that this product is legal. There are a handful of states that have made it illegal and maybe this has something to do with my product being removed. How would I go about getting my listing on Amazon like the other sellers of the same product? Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by: KreatDayKratom on Aug 30, 2014 7:06 PM
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
9 Replies
Sort replies by:
Marilyn's Attic

Posted on: 30 Aug, 2014 7:11 PM   in response to: KreatDayKratom in response to: KreatDayKratom  
Click to report abuse...
USA legal doesn't equate to Amazon legal. It's not restricted, it's prohibited on Amazon, and you should thank your stars you still have an account. Normally they permanently suspend anyone selling prohibited items.

Just because other sellers haven't been shut down yet doesn't mean what they are doing is permissible.

“Prohibited
Substances identified by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) as a drug or chemical of concern, such as:
Clenbuterol
Dextromethorphan
Jimson Weed
Ketamine
Kratom
Salvia Divinorum"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_rel_topic?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200277220#illegaldrugs
Was this reply helpful? Yes 8   No 3
KreatDayKratom

Posted on: 30 Aug, 2014 7:27 PM   in response to: Marilyn's Attic in response to: Marilyn's Attic  
Click to report abuse...
So why is it that so many different sellers have active listings that never get taken down, do you think? I have followed their listings some and they are always there and have been for a long time. I am just not understanding if the problem is with the product itself, how or why are some sellers listing it currently? Thanks!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 7
Eastern Peace F...

Posted on: 30 Aug, 2014 7:29 PM   in response to: KreatDayKratom in response to: KreatDayKratom  
Click to report abuse...
KreatDayKratom wrote:
So why is it that so many different sellers have active listings that never get taken down, do you think?
As soon as Amazon knows of the listings they will remove them.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 2
Marilyn's Attic

Posted on: 30 Aug, 2014 7:36 PM   in response to: KreatDayKratom in response to: KreatDayKratom  
Click to report abuse...
I notice many kratom are listed as

Green Borneo
White Borneo
Red Borneo
Etc.

Since they are using alternate titles, the bots haven't flagged them--yet.

(Mods, might want to have SP search on all the key terms mentioned above, you have drugs listed all over the site because you aren't flagging the right key words...)

1,001 other wrongs don't make you right. Like I said, you ought to be thankful they didn't suspend you, because there is no appeal for selling prohibited items.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 4
Lamont Cranston

Posted on: 30 Aug, 2014 7:39 PM   in response to: Marilyn's Attic in response to: Marilyn's Attic  
Click to report abuse...
And, as usual, many of them are listed in everyone's favorite category: Everything Else!
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
Style

Posted on: 31 Aug, 2014 5:59 AM   in response to: Lamont Cranston in response to: Lamont Cranston  
Click to report abuse...
I think 99 percent of the bootleg and catalog violations here would go poof overnight if that useless category was nuked. You can find any banned product you want, from Grandma's homemade goodies, fake gold jewelry and gemstones, and now banned substances. Any pot brownies show up yet?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
Save The Tardig...

Posted on: 31 Aug, 2014 6:52 AM   in response to: Style in response to: Style  
Click to report abuse...
Stylephyle wrote:
I think 99 percent of the bootleg and catalog violations here would go poof overnight if that useless category was nuked. You can find any banned product you want, from Grandma's homemade goodies, fake gold jewelry and gemstones, and now banned substances. Any pot brownies show up yet?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=B00KEUVY7E
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 2
R Pat's

Posted on: 01 Sep, 2014 7:24 AM   in response to: Marilyn's Attic in response to: Marilyn's Attic  
Click to report abuse...
What is ASIN
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 0
O.L.D. Books

Posted on: 01 Sep, 2014 7:38 AM   in response to: R Pat's in response to: R Pat's  
Click to report abuse...
A-mazon
S-tandard
I-nventory
N-umber
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 1