h3. Join Amazon’s biggest shopping day of the year
Last year we celebrated the first ever Prime Day, a one-day global shopping event exclusively for Prime members.
Customers ordered 34.4 million items, breaking all of our Black Friday records with 398 items ordered per second. Prime Day was also a success for sellers on Amazon that use Fulfillment by Amazon, with record-breaking unit sales growing nearly 300% worldwide.
Prime Day is coming again in mid-July, and you’re invited to participate by offering Lightning Deals.
Lightning Deals are discounts that last a maximum of six hours, or until supply runs out (you specify the quantity).
h3. Propose deals for Prime Day
Your products listed below are eligible for Lightning Deals. To propose Prime Day Lightning Deals for any of these products, submit your request by May 4, 2016, using the Amazon Lightning Deals Template:
h4. Submit your deals ›
Please note: This link is unique to you and only one submission is accepted per seller. Please do not forward this invitation.
Submitting your deals does not guarantee acceptance. For Prime Day, we will choose seller deals that provide the best value to customers. Great products. Great prices. We will notify you by May 18, 2016, if any of your deals were selected.
FBA inventory for Prime Day deals must be received at an Amazon fulfillment center by June 22, 2016. To avoid overstocking, please wait to see if your deal is selected before sending additional inventory for your submitted deals.
Create deals that customers will love
All Lightning Deals must meet the following criteria for Prime Day, but better deals stand a better chance of getting selected:
- Prime offers only (FBA or Seller Fulfilled Prime)
- Deal prices must offer customers a 20% or greater discount from the average price listed on Amazon.com in the last 90 days
- Deal prices must also be lower than the lowest price since January 1, 2016
- 5,000-dollar minimum deal size (number of units multiplied by deal price)
- Product rating of 3 stars or higher
- No listing defects on the ASIN detail page
- Adult products, suggestive images, and products of a controversial nature will not be accepted for Lightning Deals
Even if a deal is selected for the big event, it may be cancelled if we determine that it does not provide customers with the best Prime Day shopping experience.