Will low feedback rating lead to close the account?

I found a Seller who is still going strong - with 9 NEGATIVES! The first one came in on April 11, and they still have 270plus listings up.

It is probably so extreme, such an outlier, that the automated programs did not pick it up because that ODR value is not even in their range, but it must be sky-high even if they had many sales.

I deliberately do not want to post their link here, because I want to see how fast Amazon finally catches up with them.

9 Negatives, and nothing else, they are fairly NEW, at least they do not have faux positives from their close relatives or paid feedback suppliers.

That would be a 0% positive?

Dead Bulb Lady didn’t even do that bad.

At LEAST put it in feedback follies & jollies, will ya, please, will ya, ha?

:slight_smile:

cease

OK, I cannot resist because the Seller might disappear any day now and then there is no way to see their feedback (other than I actually saved it, it is so out of this world, for a seller who is still apparently very active - confirming at least, not so much actually sending the orders out).

This is an item page.

The seller can be found there, and if one clicks on their feedback percentage, all nine negatives will come up, but there is no Link on their Seller page to “See more information about this Seller” - and the feedback page opens in a separate popup window for me, so I cannot copy the full link to their seller page, only to their storefront.

In any case, here they are:

Read and weep.

Perhaps that might be some consolation for the OP of the thread. Perhaps not.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0074703CM/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

At least they don’t have 0% negative…just the positive…muhaha

Let us not report them just yet officially - pleeeze …

Ask Amazon Admins might show up any moment now anyway and they can find them too with this much help.

Dommiesan is really right. Feedback is so overrated, as apparently buyers are still buying from them. The item count in their inventory keeps changing.

In full agreement with that. The most enticing part of a seller is really the low price. That factor seems to be undeniably what sells.

That’s even better than one I found with only 3 feedback and 2 of them negative. Both said the person never shipped the item.

Not yet. I was tempted but I do not want anybody find the Seller in google using the text of the feedback and alert Amazon that way.

I really want to see when Amazon finds this one on their own, and as for the Buyers, at this point I do not feel sorry for them.

Seller has 0 percent positive feedback indeed - but if potential Buyers click on the number, they will see that it is not a single unfortunate negative but a stream of negatives, up to 9 for now, starting April 11.

Very very pure. Not a single fake positive from a neighbor or a relative LOL.

Yet they are still going … I renamed them in my mind The Energizer Bunny.

I wonder if they already got some money and they are still hoping for more.

Obviously their ODR is so off the chart that it was not even programmed by the programmers to alert the ODR police!

I promise to post their link as soon as they get suspended “spontaneously” by Amazon or wither away on their own for lack of sales due to their stellar feedback, but not just yet.

261 Active Listings right now so buyers are either still buying or they closed a few since this morning - they had two hundred and seventy four I think. More than 270 anyway but less than 280.

there are 2 with 0% positive lol

IMHO, they didn’t disappear fast enough.

At least OP is CONCERNED, and making an effort to do the right thing by his customers.

Kudos to him for that.

Just so sad that such a seller can survive long enough to rip off many customers; you know,
if nine left negatives, there’s probably 90 more who just didn’t know how, or don’t think it’s effective, or whatever, but still, 90 more unhappy buyers.

So sad.

cease

Ouch, his days are not numbered, his hours are. So feast on the seller while he disappears before our eyes.

Perhaps the system has no formula whereby one can err in excess within a short amount of time. ha! Hilarious.

Wow.
Some simple fast math based on 9 negative feedbacks and 0 positives.
They have had 8 negatives in the last 30 days.
For their metrics to be within the acceptable 1% ODR, they would have had over 900 transaction without any chargebacks or A to Z claims. That would leave 891 transaction that have yet to leave feedback… of which none of those 891 has yet to positive feedback.
I know most buyers don’t leave feedback, but those numbers are hard to believe.

Yes, but one does not count, that is a single stale negative from half a year ago and he only has one listing up, expensive though.

That is why I am saying that their ODR is probably so off the chart that the ODR police programs do not even pick it up!

Short term ODR is calculated in 60 days, not 30 and there is a time delay (look at your metrics today) of about two weeks in the denominator, only one or two days in the numerator of that algorithm.

Although how hard could that be?

It should be a number between 0 and 100, closer to 100 I would think than to 1 percent LOL but definitely higher than 1 percent.

If they only had the 9 sales, it would be 100 times 9/9 = 100, if they had a few more sales than nine, it would probably still be much higher than one percent.

But in reality they could come up with a number higher than 100 percent and this is how:

As there is a two week time lag between the numerator and the denominator, there could be more negatives than the total sales counted - and this might just be the case here.

Let us say one of those negatives or perhaps even more are from longer than 70 days ago sale, the negative just came in, but the sale is no longer counted in short term ODR.

So strange things can happen with such edge effects when a seller is just starting up - and the total sales are not at the approximate continuous level in the sliding windows.

So maybe their ODR is even higher than 100 percent in the Short Term window and this is why the system did not pick it up - because it is programmed to “think” that the number is 100 at its highest value.

The seller of interest is listing a $450 engagement ring in the Toys category.

I did not even look at the details.

In a way I ruined my own game, because I realized that I could not show the feedback after the suspend the seller - even now, while they are active, there is no See More Information About this Seller Link (that link comes and goes lately from SP storefronts) and they would remove that link anyway after they suspend the seller.

So I decided that I wanted others to see -while we could all see together.

Otherwise I could just publish it from my copied files, I think.

But perhaps I hastened their fate with this if Ask Amazon Admins pick up on this or somebody decides to officially report them before they evaporate.

OK, I will look in more details at their wonderful storefront offerings while I can.

I would think that they are from some faraway land, but they may have a US return address, as one of the feedbacks mentioned return but they did not complain about the distance, only the sluggishness of the refund.

Amazon did not budge for days, since I first noticed them. Now we perhaps hastened their demise.

Toy Engagement Ring? The should accompany it with a book “How to deal with divorce as a toddler.” sheesh

Check it out. It was on Page 10 of said seller, Currently Unavailable but I still could click through it to the page on Amazon.

I think they are fading out now, their listings started to become Currently Unavailable.
But you probably can still find that Engagement Ring in toys, others listed it also at weirdly different prices.