user profile
Sign in
user profile

Will Amazon offer any actual protection for sellers?

by Seller_R8ki3KTqShEFj

I was initially hopeful at the notification saying they are pausing account suspensions until May 15th, but they never said they will eliminate defects and because defects last 60 days all the announcement really means is that people that get defects will be suspended on May 16th instead of immediately.

Is this announcement an intentional trap for those who don’t realize the above, or did they not consider the above when making that announcement?

To me this announcement is beyond meaningless so I have kept all my Amazon stores closed for over a month now.

On my end I can ship on time as usual, but I can see the post is having significant delays and I don’t want to get suspended because of a few orders delivered late during the pandemic.

Tags: Lost shipment, USPS
28 replies
28 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_sJ6nHawArw0Wl
In reply to: Seller_R8ki3KTqShEFj's post

I’m not seeing where you see a trap?

To protect your account and ensure these difficulties do not affect your account health, we stopped suspension of selling accounts for high order defect, high cancellation, and high late shipment rates. These changes will stay in effect through at least May 15, and we will extend these as appropriate.

Amazon’s not stupid with this.
They at least acknowledge something is going on.
Because it’s affecting them, too.

Also, because states have their own on-going stay-at-home orders that could differ state-to-state.
Some states may open up their state businesses, while other states do not.

Your best approach is gauge your shipping adequately.
Increase shipping and/or handling times if you still want to sell.

Also, remember, defects are date ranged. Those defects within said date range should not be held to prosecution.

user profile
Seller_chdMpd3DZM8gF

My account has gone through repeated velocity review and suspensions since January, therefore we haven’t been paid a dime since January. 100% positive feedback, good metrics, ODR below 1%. Amazon is refusing to help. All documentation has been provided and nothing.

user profile
Seller_R8ki3KTqShEFj

I should mention I’m in Canada so I don’t have the option to buy shipping through Amazon to be protected from delivery issues.

Also, possibly also because I’m in Canada, but Amazon doesn’t let me choose my delivery time, it’s “Your orders will be delivered in X to Y days and that’s that.”

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post