user profile
Sign in
user profile

Why the small price changes?

by Seller_T0qOSBvVNLY7P

I’m wondering if I’m missing something – there are a couple of competing sellers that routinely change their prices by 1, 2 or 3 cents - increase - then 2 hours later, decrease back again. What’s the point? Are price changes reflected in Buy Box determination or something? They aren’t changing the prices enough to change their position on list of sellers’ prices. don’t get it.

Tags: Buy Box, Listings, Pricing
23 replies
23 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_tzfX0jBLBCmu2
In reply to: Seller_T0qOSBvVNLY7P's post

I have no idea. Unless price changing causes the listing to be assessed again for the buybox?

user profile
Seller_3hIRLZLVYjQcO

They are probably using repricing software that changes prices compared to other listings.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Fiddling with Listings is supposed to “refresh” them on the server according to some…?

Could also be some repricing algo/program

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0
  1. There are sellers who try and get all the sales on an item. They set their repricer to be 1 penny less than everyone else.

2. The price will move based on other sellers’ actions.

3. Welcome to selling on Amazon. Sellers who do stuff like this kill the price and no one makes money.

user profile
Seller_e37fgg0cFsc8V

They are probably changing their prices to stay in the buy box as you can win the buy box usually by lowering your price by $0.01. Unless you are going against a prime listing, then its usually $2.01 lower for lower priced items to win the buy box or much higher for higher priced items. This seems to be the way it works.

user profile
Seller_AJsIYQC5Lp8QV

Two possibilities:

-They’re using after market repricing services. These services use Game Theory to keep the buy box for more than their “fair share”.

-Sellers are coming in and trying to undercut by one penny, then the other sellers are repricing to meet that price.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post