Why is telephone support telling buyers to file frivolous A to Z Claims?

In the last 2 weeks we have noticed that buyers are being advised prior to requesting a return or if for some reason they don’t want to pay for return shipping amazon customer service is suggesting the customer place an A to Z claim. Even more interesting the buyers claims are denied because they are not being honest and that is being found out through claim research.

We always try to do the best case scenario for customers. We would rather lose money then have a bad reputation, but it seems the A to Z system is becoming an abused scapegoat, which affects the seller metrics erroneously.

How can Amazon fix this issued loophole?!?!

This is amazing - after we placed this forum message we received yet ANOTHER A to Z claim.

The customer says we didn’t respond to her return request - we replied 6 hours after she initiated her initial request.

Today she called into support and they told her to file a claim : “item not as described”

Buyer Comments: contact seller no respond. Customer wants to return item.

Your Re-presentation:
Monday, July 14, 2014 On July 8th, 2014 at 3:30 am we received an email from the customer stating she wanted to return her order. We promptly responded on July 8th 2014 at 9:14am with the steps from Amazons website on how to obtain a return authorization. We responded to the customer within 6 hours of her email. We would gladly refund Judith once the item is received. Thank you.

Claim Type:
Items not as described

WHY ARE THESE CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPS DOING THIS ?!?!?!?!

THEY ARE PROMOTING FRAUDULENT ACTIONS ON THEIR OWN PLATFORM BY CHEATING THE SYSTEM - THIS AFFECTS THE SELLERS WHO REALLY DO CARE!!!

This has been an ongoing discussion…

I dont think Amazon will be addressing this concern anytime soon…

I personally wish Amazon CSR’s would direct customer to our customer service number rather then opening an A-Z for the customer or telling them to do so…

The ill-advised filing of A-Z claims by poorly trained reps is a real sore spot for sellers.

Amazon refuses to address this issue despite repeated requests.

if enough sellers bombard Bezos at "jeff@amazon.com" complaining of his obviously nasty little policy of allowing reps to file questionable claims and then adamantly refusing to remove them once it is shown that they are bogus, then maybe eventually the policy will change.

In the meantime, it is just one of the unpleasant perils of selling on Amazon.
Think of it like sailing down the Amazon river on a raft while creatures hiding in the bushes blow poison darts at you.

So although the buyers claim is denied the seller has the ODR affect the seller metrics?

Seems wrong in so many ways. We try our hardest to fulfill all requirements and service thousands of orders, but frivolous claims can subject us to being reprimanded negatively.

What a headache.

You mouth to gods ears

This has to stop. In the long run, this is not good for Amazon. It leaves sellers frustrated and disheartened. A seller is more afraid of A to Z than the black plague. It is of Amazon’s advantage to have loyal sellers that invest in their inventory than constantly waiting for the ax to fall.

How can we get sellers together to rally to fix this issue?

This is not a good practice for Amazon itself; the customer service reps are telling customers to use the system and file an A to Z without addressing the issue at hand. Isn’t this bad for the Amazon business itself? I was talking to a Support Rep and he told me people are doing this on high ticket items all the time i.e Playstations, Ipads, Laptops and basically getting them for free.

I understand being customer oriented, but promoting FRAUD?

MODS HOW CAN YOU HELP?

Edited by: 786 on Jul 14, 2014 7:49 PM

" A seller is more afraid of A to Z than the black plague. "

So true yet the AMAZON has all the by-laws that enticed its investors. Money is GOD, you know.

One thing amazon might consider is that it is NOT good customer service to file spurious claims that will be denied in the end. It is an extreme waste of the buyer’s time, aside from harming the seller for no reason.

Would that buyer not have preferred being helped to contact the seller and having the problem addressed?

I picture the reps in their cubicles, with supervisors looming over them, timing every call. The sole objective seems to be: End this call as fast as possible, customer service be damned. It’s the only explanation I can come up with that covers both what is happening and why the reps seem completely untrained. They don’t need knowledge if their goal is just to placate without helping.

Barb

We got an A-Z claim about a return request as well. Such a joke. I guess the buyer didn’t check her emails or buyer account, because the return was authorized within 24 hours of the request. I included in the A-Z representation that even though it was well beyond the return period, the buyer was more then welcome to return the item, and included our mailing address. We got a ding on our metrics, but for now it’s still okay…

Can you not appeal the claims process?

closed #13