Why is Amazon not sending reminder to review product to customers?

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine recently bought one of my products through Amazon and did not receive a reminder to leave feedback or review the product from Amazon. I know when I buy products from Amazon I almost always get this email. What do I have to do to get Amazon to start sending these feedback and review requests?

It depends when he bought it also. Notices are sent out weeks after purchase.

It is possible your friend has the notifications disabled in his account settings. A buyer can opt out of these notifications from their account settings.

You will be surprised how many buyers opt-out of those notifications as Unique App stated. However, Amazon is sporadic in sending feedback reminders. Sometimes, as a buyer, I will go weeks without any notifications on any orders (do about 10 orders a week from Amazon) and then, all the sudden for a week or two, I get bombarded with feedback reminders. Then back to nothing again.

So as a buyer, I can attest to the sporadic nature of the feedback reminders coming from Amazon. I have reported this numerous times, but always get the same general feedback… +“feedback reminders are sent as a courtesy and should not be relied upon”+.

If the friend bought the item for the purpose of leaving feedback, you’d think they’d remember without the reminder.

Hello Good Threads,

Welcome to the Amazon Seller Forums!

We do not immediately send out the email asking for feedback. Like other seller have stated it depends on the product and the day the buyer receives the order.

I would also have your friend check their junk folder to make sure it was not routed there.

Have a great day!

-Jacob

Why would you have your friend purchase through Amazon? Does your friend feel the need Amazon’s A to Z claim guarantee?
If it was a true friend, they would have contacted you directly so you could save the fees.

I have reported this numerous times, but always get the same general feedback… +“feedback reminders are sent as a courtesy and should not be relied upon”+.

Great.
I wondered why my FB rate has plummeted and have suspected a lack of requests for FB may have something to do with it.
What Amazon is saying is if you are a favored seller we will send the request for FB.
Otherwise, don’t count on it.
(I am sure it is impossible to program the system to always ask for FB, or to generate an optional email to the seller when FB is requested. Right?)
Another really swell policy for stacking the deck.

closed #9