Why are my estimated delivery dates so far out?

I have my shipping settings set at 2-4 days. I just noticed that when I order something from my personal account (going from same town to same town even), so if I shipped something today it would get there the 11th at latest even across the country but amazon says it will take until 15-20. I’m thinking people might not order if they think it will take that long. Why set shipping at 2-4 days if they will just make up a date way in the future? My handling time is set at default 1-2 days. Can I change the delivery date? Isn’t it my business to set it what I want it at and my responsibility to get it there?

It was until too many people started to cry that Amazon should be protecting them from shipping delays, so Amazon padded them all out.

Seriously, people cry that Amazon does nothing, then when Amazon does something, they cry.

Birdie_s_Golf_Shop

If they really want it they will order it oh, not everyone is living in a cave, many are aware of the shipping crisis…

Much am I handling I set 10 days…

Today I got a slew of orders… for multiple marketplaces…

The difference is on other marketplaces I can state that I ship every other day , and there’s in creased handling time, to lower expectations…

They either want it they buy it, or they look elsewhere…

Amazon doesn’t know it’s going to the next state, they just adjusted it nationwide…

And the same thing is happening to many people / sellers so I wouldn’t really worry about it??

Good luck just keep on shipping and doing what you can to get orders out… this is not over we’re having another slew of hotspots…

Why set shipping at 2-4 days if they will just make up a date way in the future? My handling time is set at default 1-2 days. Can I change the delivery date?

Unfortunately, no. Amazon has been padding all of our delivery times by 5 business days (a full week) since around mid-December. The only way to offset it is to offer one of the premium services (2-day or next day delivery) - Amazon isn’t padding those times.

You can mitigate it somewhat by setting your handling time to Same Day shipping, and/or reducing your delivery promise. However, if you use Amazon’s Buy Shipping, keep in mind that the system will only offer you choices that meet the delivery promise you set, without considering Amazon’s padding.

That is, if you promise delivery in 3 days, Amazon will show the buyer 8-day delivery, but Buy Shipping will still limit your options to only those that can deliver in 3 days.

If you do choose to shorten your times, keep a close eye on when Amazon removes their padding, as you could suddenly wind up with a lot of late arriving orders, if you’re counting on having Amazon’s 5-day padding, but they suddenly remove it.

Isn’t it my business to set it what I want it at and my responsibility to get it there?

No. Amazon can interfere with your business whenever they want to. Unfortunately.

Hi,

Did anyone manage to figure out how to fix this issue?

OTDR is actually 100%, just checked right now.

On same listings, this issue is not happening to our competitors, just to us. Windows are just padded insane amounts.

Thanks a lot.

Does anyone know how to fix this? On the listing/offer page my delivery dates are showing 2 weeks out……estimated delivery June 3-7, whereas other sellers on the listings are showing last week of May which is obviously causing me to constantly lose the BB.

I have my settings set for 2-4 days except PR/HI, Saturday shipping :white_check_mark: and 1 day handling including offering expedited and 2 day. Almost all of my shipments get delivered to the customer in 3-4 days, sometimes even sooner and my metrics are at 100%.

I signed up a week ago for SFP to try and remedy the problem and am currently going through the Prime trial period but this seems to have pushed my delivery dates even further out which is crazy. I thought Prime would give me an edge, maybe it will after I get the actual Badge? I have also tried playing around with Regional, Ground/Air and Nationwide but no change to estimated delivery date.

I am at a loss, just cannot figure out how to decrease the estimated date and the strange thing is that after an order is placed it shows that package needs to be delivered within 5 days, not 2 weeks as reflected on the offer page. Many of the products I sell are time sensitive, so when a new customer sees my estimated delivery dates this would surely deter them to another seller with a better delivery window, which is perfectly justified.

Maybe when they changed things during Covid it never reverted back. This is extremely frustrating, anyone else dealing with this or have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for posting this, you are 100% correct.

Our business is in (City X)… our listings show a 7-14 days delivery estimate for people ordering from (City X), less than 3 miles from our warehouse.

No commercial shipping service takes 7-14 days to ship an item that is less than 1 pound, 3 miles.

I don’t think the explanation that this estimate is ‘covid related’ is adequate. There seems to be a bug in the shipping time calculation algorithm.

I can literally walk a customer’s purchase to their mailbox in less than 1 day if they are ordering in the small city of (City X).

Redacted actual location and replaced it with (City X)

All the people paying for ads and getting no sales should review what the delivery estimates on their listings are.

I have a feeling most customers intend to buy a product, see the wild delivery times and click away to another product.

Major drop in sales past couple days. Something im missing?
Algorithm Change?
Algorithm Change?
Is Amazon stalled out?
Try FBA Liquidations and recover value from your products

I don’t understand it or how to get it resolved all my listings are reflecting a June 10th-June 14th delivery but my actual orders reflect that I need to have the order delivered by June 3rd. It is definitely affecting sales and also causing me to drastically lower my sales price in order to gain the buybox. I have created new shipping templates, played around with handling times and prime vrs standard but still the delivery window is not decreasing on my offers. My offers should reflect the same deliver date as my orders not a week or two out? It make no sense.

Mine are doing the same thing. I have it set for same day shipping with standard 2-4 delivery or expedited 1-3 day delivery but when I check ASIN page my listings have an estimated delivery of June 10 delivery or later. On the same listings I see other sellers who “ships from Amazon” with an even later delivery date and newer sellers with less feedback getting the quicker delivery dates while charging the same price for shipping . Also, my order pages have a June 3rd deadline for delivery. This makes absolutely no sense. I hope Amazon fixes this ASAP

Because most are using USPS as their carrier and the USPS is experiencing massive delays across the country…AGAIN! it is taking 10 days to deliver a package 4 hours from our warehouse. And upwards of 27 days to deliver to California from the East coast. I have a feeling Amazon is taking a proactive approach and informing buyers delivery is going to take a lot longer than usual. We can say that the massive amounts of INR on all marketplaces it quite the hassles the past 3 months. And it is not getting better anytime soon. Remember the changes the USPS has made, making things A LOT slower because of it. And they increased their price, and slowed their service. Just my take on the situation.

No you cannot, and no it is not.

Because then you would be misinforming amazons customers when delays occur. And delays ARE occurring.

Amazon determines the delivery date the buyer sees as follows:

First date = Order Date + your shortest handling time (if a range, like 1-2 days) + your shortest delivery time to the buyer’s state per your shipping template, + any Amazon padding
Last date = Order Date + your longest handling time (if a range, like 1-2 days) + your longest delivery time to the buyer’s state per your shipping template + any Amazon padding

If a buyer orders today, and you have 1-day handling time and 3 - 5 day delivery to the buyer’s destination, the calculation would go like this:
Order date (5/28) + 1 business day handling time = Ship-by date of June 1, since Monday is a holiday
June 1 + 3 business days (shortest part of your 3-5 day range) = June 4 This is the earliest date of the delivery range the buyer should see

Order date (5/28) + 1 business day handling time = Ship-by date of June 1
June 1 + 5 business days (longest part of your 3-5 day range)= June 8 This is the last date of the delivery range the buyer should see

So the buyer would see delivery between June 4 and June 8, without any Amazon padding.

It currently appears that Amazon is padding estimates by one (business) day, which would extend what the buyer sees to June 7 - 9.

Since you’re seeing a delivery estimate of June 10th (3 business days later than June 7) to June 14th (3 business days later than June 9), I assume your buyer is in a region where your template is set to offer 5 - 8 days (3 days longer on each end than the 3-5 day example).

but my actual orders reflect that I need to have the order delivered by June 3rd

The only way an order placed today could have a required deliver-by date of June 3 is if it’s a 2-day order. Ship on Tuesday, June 1, deliver by Thursday, June 3.

My offers should reflect the same deliver date as my orders not a week or two out?

Currently, Amazon seems to be padding everyone’s delivery estimates by one business day, so that should be the difference between what your orders show and what buyers see.

Mine are functioning correctly. I have 1-2 day handling time, and 2-3 day delivery within my state. Amazon is showing buyers exactly what I expect -
Estimated delivery of June 4 - 8.

That’s 1 day handling (shortest option) plus 2 day delivery (shortest option) = June 3 to…
2 day handling (longest option) plus 3 day delivery (longest option) = June 7

So June 3 to June 7 plus Amazon’s current one day’s padding = June 4 to June 8.

If your on-time delivery numbers are below 97%, they seem to tack on additional days padding, so double-check your OTD to make sure it’s above 97%. That could also be the problem.

Because most are using USPS as their carrier

I don’t think we know that “most” sellers use USPS, do we? Many of us do, but a lot use UPS, FedEx, and OnTrac too.

and the USPS is experiencing massive delays across the country…AGAIN!

My area in Oregon always seems to be the last one to have delivery issues when a problem starts up. So far, all is well here. It seems that the current situation is really bad in specific regions (which might feel like it’s nationwide if you happen to be in one of those areas) but it’s not everywhere. I’m actually having a great number of first-class mail packages being delivered cross-country in two days.

Just sharing my perspective that the problem isn’t as pervasive as you think.

Yes I think this is what is causing the issue. Thanks

closed #16

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.