user profile
Sign in
user profile

Who is Amazon.com Services Inc.? Why they sell our product?

by Seller_ZLp5asNeqscnp

I have been selling my product at Amazon US market over 6 years now.
Currently, I have faced abnormal situation regarding listing of the product.

As everybody knows that Amazon resales returned product with several conditions, and seller for used products should be Amazon warehouse.

When I checked one of my item on sellercentral, I realized that some seller sold my item with 23% less price and new condition.
I’m brand owner & manufacturer. Also, I haven’t sold my items to anybody for resales before.
However, seller who have sold my product with much cheaper price is Amazon.com services Inc., not Amazon warehouse.

How come Amazon get my brand item and resale with dumping price?
Is there anyone have same issue?

I already filed this issue against Amazon registry team.

What should I do to protect my product from being stolen?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Tags: Listings, Pricing
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_X9AxWaXfNnGAl
In reply to: Seller_ZLp5asNeqscnp's post

Since you are selling the product, you really are not the manufacturer. You would not have time to deal with the sales if you were running the factory.

It sounds like a Vendor Central offer and Amazon gets the products from the same source (the actual manufacturer) that you do, but for a better price.

You would not be the first who bought from a manufacturer who decided to cut you (the middle man) out and sell directly to Amazon Retail.

Contact the manufacturer, remind them of the terms of your contract, and threaten to lawyer up. They can start with providing you with royalties for all of the units that they have sold to Amazon (through Vendor Central) and any other competitors.

You may need to deal with the legal action in their home country (assuming that it is overseas. The nature of your complaints may be patent infringement, breach of contract, and probably some others. An Intellectual Property or commercial contract lawyer can help you to get started.

Dave

user profile
Seller_OtMUVcegIB3Hd

Do you have a trademark for your brand? are you in the brand registry?

First thing I would do is find out how many units Amazon is selling (add to cart and change the quantity to 99 or 999) and perform a test buy.

user profile
Seller_ZLp5asNeqscnp

There are very small quantity available now (only 3EA).
However, It shows that more on the way.
When I checked different item, other seller, Amazon.com services Inc has a list with more expensive price, $0.01~$0.02, so that this list should not affect buy box for original seller.
I think this is kind of sales strategy for Amazon.
I try to purchase this item and check if it’s same item that has our brand logo on the product and out box.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post