user profile
Sign in
user profile

When will Amazon accept Bitcoin or other cryptos

by Seller_0UBR0gPW42SMh

I wonder when Amazon will finally accept cryptocurrency, imagine the possibilities.

Tags:
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_FM4TuZBO1GUDh
In reply to: Seller_0UBR0gPW42SMh's post

Biggest scam on earth right now. Bitcoin will crash, and leave thousands of people with no money. So many are buying thousands in these coins. When the market tanks, or the government starts to track and regulate, this whole thing will be nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Amazon most likely isnt going to get involved in a scam. Bitcoins are tied to black market, dark web and other illegal activities including money laundering schemes.

If I am Amazon I simply say, use a CC or gift card, thanks. Amazon wants you to use Gift Cards especially. Gift cards are the biggest money maker due to the amount that get lost, forgotten about or have small balances left on them

user profile
Seller_X9AxWaXfNnGAl

>
I expect that Amazon will not until there are federally regulated options and there is enough consumer demand.

There are already complaints from overseas customers about using normal foreign exchange since the banks take about 3% of the proceeds and when exchange rates change, customers may find that it costs them more to pay for the purchase than they thought when they made the purchase.

I really see nothing in this for Amazon.

I expect that an entirely new generation of digital currencies will be developed before cryptocurrencies gets accepted. The volitility and prevasive problems related to theft, use by criminal organization for money laundering and extortion is going to keep any sensible legitimate business very clear from any such interactions using this currency.

Dave

user profile
Seller_LBISY9TCoB9Zc

Scam, scheme or otherwise, it’s too unsafe to accept payment in volatile assets.

Crypto and Amazon likely won’t cross paths. At least not with the coins and tokens we are seeing these days.

user profile
Seller_ofOBVTQ7u4YSX

It is too unstable. A customer could easily buy an item that is the bitcoin equivilant of $100 and have that worth drop to $10 by the time the item ships. In that case Amazon loses money.

user profile
Seller_jglZowc8rO988

Arizona has bills on the floor that would revolutionize the way government considers cryptocurrencies, such as bitcoin. One bill would recognize bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as currency, not a commodity. The other would allow taxpayers in Arizona the option to pay their taxes with bitcoin.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/07/arizona-might-allow-people-to-pay-taxes-via-bitcoin.html

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post