user profile
Sign in
user profile

When do auto return refunds process if you don't issue it yourself?

by Seller_hEK1BzjtMmufx

So I have a Safe-T claim filed on an auto return and Amazon has not issued a refund. I thought the refunds went through 48 hours after the return is delivered. It has not happened yet. Item was returned to me on Jan 10th. Safe-T claim has not been answered yet either

Tags: Refunds, SAFE-T
24 replies
24 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_4gowSIOqYgkJL
In reply to: Seller_hEK1BzjtMmufx's post

Just a guess is that it is 2 business days, I havent let one go to find out but if you got it back on the 10th then the 12th was the second day so my guess is start of the 3rd business day it will process which would be tuesday.

user profile
Seller_4gowSIOqYgkJL

Well you can be the test case and my guess is Tuesday but let us know.

user profile
Seller_7psPA6KtrSUom

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=202175000&ref=ag_help_cont_202072200&language=en_US

"Appeal a return

You can appeal a return or refund as soon as the customer ships the product back to you. Your account will not be charged until the product is shipped; therefore, you cannot file an appeal beforehand.

To maintain customer trust, consider refunding the un-disputed amount (product cost minus restocking fee, if applicable) of a return request to the buyer before filing an appeal. Waiting to refund the customer until an outcome of the appeal has been granted increases the wait time for the buyer to receive their refund."

That sort of makes it sound like the refund can be delayed until the Safe-T claim has been decided, but who knows.

user profile
Seller_awYU0oH8skccg

Returns & Refunds seem to be automatic now… Sellers are hardly give any choice …

I have few returns but am surprised how automatic it is…

AZ has been pushing for this for a while…its just another thing taken out of sellers hands…

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

Read MAV-DAK’s responses, in the following thread, wherein he responds to various questions: What is a safe-t claim and when is it applicable?

Disclaimer: MAV-DAK = #1 Trusted Source for Safe-T claims.

user profile
Seller_GmN5rpIBX0Dj7

We had a return slip by (customer’s name on package was different than original order name) and it was several weeks after we received it before Amazon refunded it automatically.

user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA

If the item is physically returned and you receive it, you have 48 hours to process the return, either in-full or minus shipping and/or restocking. After 48 hours of tracking showing receipt, Amazon will automatically issue a refund and charge the seller account.
> I thought the refunds went through 48 hours after the return is delivered.
The refund should process automatically, if you haven’t already refunded, but it is triggered by the final “delivered” tracking event. If tracking still shows not yet delivered, or the buyer used their own label/different tracking, There would be no refund trigger.
> It has not happened yet. Item was returned to me on Jan 10th. Safe-T claim has not been answered yet either.
If there is no refund in the pipeline, there is nothing for the claim to attach to.

user profile
Seller_hEK1BzjtMmufx

It was returned with an amazon label and tracking shows delivered to me on Jan 10th. 48 hours have definitely passed.

Are you saying that a refund has to have been processed for a safe-t claim to also be processed?

user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA

Gotcha.

I am surprised Amazon didn’t refund an SFP return when the label showed acceptance. I don’t get many returns, but my SFP returns have usually involved returnless refunds, general adjustments, or auto refunded when in-transit. My safe-t claims are usually to get credit for refunded returns that never show up or to get the shipping label refunded. I rarely see a physical SFP return that hasn’t already been refunded.

Now, I dug back for a similar non-prime return where there was no resale value, customer damaged return. I was instructed to refund less 50% restocking fee and file a safe-t claim for reimbursement. I had little faith and had actually forgotten about it ($20 transaction 2nd week of December). I went back and checked … surprise, surprise, the claim was approved and I got slightly less than the refund amount credited back on 12/23. I am guessing they retained some fees out of they refund/credit.

user profile
Seller_WQj6Zg0jH6DBA

I refunded 50% and got reimbursed for that amount and the return label, minus fees I guess (it was short about $1.80).

Go to original post