What percentage of customers usually leave feedback?

I get a shade over 1% even using feedbackfive. However, I am not using feedbackfive to solicit feedback as it’s main function. I use it for digital delivery of instructions/warranty info, which most seem customers love. However, I am needing a alternative to feedbackfive that allows more options. Does anyone know of any other solutions to automated emails to customers? Or will I need to find a AWS developer to create one for me?

We haven’t had even feedback since Dec. 7 despite shipping hundreds of orders since black friday. I’m deducting feedback is low for the holidays or will be delayed until January.

Ha I wsh…

Last 30 days has averaged 6% for me.

I LOVE Amazon, but I am a very little seller. I jumped through new hoops this past week, aiming to please as usual, but MORE than usual with the holiday season upon us. I did my latest customer a HUGE favor. I shipped out within a couple hrs. of his purchase. I paid EXTRA out of MY pocket to upgrade him to priority mail w/del. confirmation. I know some people are leaving for the holidays and need things as gifts. So stupid me, I thought I was doing something very nice out of kindness, wrong.
All he did was send an email wanting to know an ETA of when I was mailing it out? Some of us work! This is about before lunchtime during a work weekday when he purchased. Excuse me? When I told him what I was doing and that I’d send it out right after lunch and upgrade the shipping. He did NOT pay extra for this shipping upgrade, did he say “thank you”??? NO, nothing. I couldn’t believe how rude people have become.
I see it was delivered last week too, did he leave positive feedback? NO, he has left me nothing!
I am not happy one iota with this new ‘seller rating’ stuff. Excuse me, are we now the “bay” (shutter)?
I have many, many sales on here, but not everyone has ever left feedback. It’s also one-sided when we can’t leave our feedback for the buyer. Lop-sided is one way to describe it.
The feedback system here is not so easy to find. I found that the first time I left feedback for a seller when I bought something. That’s what I think is going on mainly, hard to find. And then some people just never get around to it, nor don’t care to.
Well they don’t realize that our reputations and such are on the LINE. Bottom line. And we can lose our business big or small on here because of this new policy. Not good one bit.

Question for you and many of us on here? Why should WE have to jump through hoops to get customers to leave feedback? They’re going to or not going to. We cannot control it.
People don’t have manners or the courtesy to leave us feedback when it is due.

Also, I wonder if this is also a way of weeding many of us out and sending us up the river? The bay does it.

As a small seller I so understand your comments about going the extra mile…only to feel “stiffed”.

People have appalling manners in general. “Your Welcome” has somehow morped into “No problem”. (Just a personal thing, lol)

I do the right thing and work to ship fast and I have upgraded every order all week on my own “dime” to Priority if it would fit in the flat rate envelope. Only one so far did not…and I decided since it’s Christmas…just to bite the bullet and expedite it anyway…that was my “profit”.

Anyhow…I hope someone is happy and grateful for the small assistance and is proactive enough to leave a positive feedback. Do I have expectations that they will do so?

NO. People are busy…or unaware…or stressed to the max…or think leaving feedback is silly…but for whatever reason…most customers do not take the time.

(Unless they have had an “issue”.)

But once in awhile…a customer lets me know how much they DID appreciate my efforts. I have received emails from buyers who wanted to leave feedback and couldn’t figure it out. Even when I sent instructions how to do so. I have received emails with feedback inside because they were so nice and tried and couldn’t figure it out but sent it the only way they could. : ))

My seller health is excellent and my feedback reflects my priority to good service. So that’s all I can do. I only have control of me…and that’s probably a REALLY good thing!

B-)

I’ve consistantly gotten FB on under 5% of my sales. It does not trouble me in the least. I may get more than that in repeat buyers, and my repeat buyers are almost never the buyers who leave FB.

I like the new health system, and have a 1.0 because I provide all of my customers with a high level of service.

On Ebay, I’m a top ranked seller, and a power seller. My Amazon experience has improved the customer service I provide my Ebay customers as well.

I’m not a volume seller on ither site, but not a low volume seller either.

I’m in business for the money, its the only numbers that matter. My customers are normal buyers, don;t leave FB, don;t say thank you to online sellers or clerks in the store. I say Thank You to clerks and cashiers, and don;t leave FB.

One possible reason: I noticed at least a couple weeks ago that Amazon has completely removed the “Leave seller feedback” link from the buyer account page.

Barb

You should check out these sites:

http://www.associatesoft.com

Why should a seller by a tool to harass and aggravate their customers? FB is not very important on Amazon

My seller rating is also 1.0, but “not yet rated”. I’m curious how many orders you have to have in the past 365 days in order to get rated if anyone is comfortable sharing this info.

I am currently getting about 5% in feedback ratings for months now, down from about 10% a few years ago. It is getting worse and worse, with the only people who leave you feedback are the angry ones, usually before or instead of contacting you about a problem you would never know about without them telling you. Many times their feedback ratings or comments are inane, useless, or problems that could be easily solved if they just contacted you. I sell some very fragile items, we know there will be damage with some of them, it’s part of the business. The rudeness of the buyers is getting worse as well, as are the expectations. The way they demand things now instead of asking or even letting you know about a problem is horrible. If a person walked into a store saying the things I get in an email they would be thrown out. It reminds me how far society has degraded when it comes to manners and simple niceties. I do my best to be as kind of helpful and offer up multiple solutions, but sometimes there is no pleasing someone so I just move on. If Amazon would just institute a couple simple fixes, like not allowing a buyer to leave a negative unless they have emailed us, that would solve half my negative feedback right off the bat. Maybe one day Amazon will view the sellers as more important than they do now, as it is about 1% caring for the seller, 99% for the buyer.

Computer software generated Thank You note with signature sent in package.

About 17% of my buyers provide me with feedback, which is considered pretty high compared to most sellers.

It might be because on the packing slip, I draw an arrow to the “feedback” section of the packing slip and hand write the following:

“Thank you for your purchase. I’d appreciate your feedback.”

I also wrap each item in white tissue paper that I buy in bulk at the local dollar store.

It works for me.

It might work for you.

In my case, 30 feedbacks out of 515 transactions.

No news, good news.

“disabled the nags”…

I completely agree. Because I’ve disabled the feedback requests, I find it a little annoying when a middling satisfactory purchase results in me getting 1 or 2 requests for feedback.

If the seller goes all out to provide a great experience…the rare well-wrapped package or a note of thanks…then I’ll make a point of leaving feedback.

But otherwise, no…and the more they grovel the more annoying it becomes.

It might depend on the buyers you have, which you may be able to judge from your merchandise.
From what I have read in the feedback of other sellers, some buyers like pink smiley faces. Some like gushy notes with a story line (“I’m just a poor single working mom/grandpa retired person/Iraq veteran”.
Some like a cheap freebie - a paper bookmark or colorful wrapping paper from the dollar store.
Maybe some even like a simple thank you note.
Of course, you can buy priority mail for standard delivery, include more expensive freebies, or over-package, but that costs money.

closed #43